Make your license plate INVISIBLE !!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your license plate INVISIBLE !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your license plate INVISIBLE !!!

To defeat Photo radar and Speed cameras, I'm going to share what I found while surfing the net. If you live in a city with these devices already installed at most street corners in the USA then check this out. http://phantomplate.com/ .It just may save you a trip to court and an expensive fine. Worth a try, anyone thinks this is a good idea?
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

My parents bought that stuff... it's a can of clearcoat. It blocks the flash from a camera because it's shiny. I'd buy a can of Krylon high gloss for half the price instead.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Plenty of news channels and reputable sites have done tests on these. They're all a scam.
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

interesting... I take pics of my students' artwork all the time and we always clearcoat the paintings.. when I use a camera with a flash, the clearcoat is shiny and blocks out parts out the painting... that's why clearcoat would work... only way to find out for sure would be to clearcoat your plate and take a pic with a flash camera.
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

huh, well I saw a plate cover on a car the other day that was intended for the same purpose, but, ever seen those pictures where you look at them one way and they're one picture, look at them the other and its a different pic? well same principle, look at the plate straight on and you can read the plate, look at it from the side and its blank. highly illegal but nonetheless cool.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Well, I have that stuff... and like I said, it's just clearcoat laquer in a can. The guy who sells it is getting $30 bucks a can for it!! You can get a can of Krylon for $2.98 at Walmart (bought a can yesterday). Anyway, sprayed it on my plates... comes out very shiny and looks great!! ;) Didn't try to take any any pics with a flash yet, though.. :cool:
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

That's good info Shirl. I think I'll need to add that to my list of do's. I've read mixed reviews on the effectiveness of spraying your license plate, mostly that it for the most part only works at night... but at 3 dollars there's nothing really to lose.

And Nikon is right, the license plate cover is very much illegal. Covering your plate with anything is. If a cop notices glare over your plate or any thing that obstructs from it's view, prepare to get pulled over.
              Xenon body kit, 17\" Diablo Burgini Rims, Wings West Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, Intercooled tips, SLP CAI, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, HPP3, Vette Servo, Custom Red and Black Leather interior, Alum. DS. <br /><br />187rwhp and 204lbs torque<br />15.51 with .45 r/t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                4 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X