playing with free appearance mods... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playing with free appearance mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with free appearance mods...

had some free time on my hands, and i went looking for free appearance mods to do to my car today.

i found some high temp paint i had left and some old window tint.

ive been wanting sidemarker blackouts and i havent found any, so i made my own, and they look perfect. i just cut out the shape of the sidemarkers, pulled them out, and wrapped the static cling tint around them, and taped them on the back. turned out really nice... and it adheres flat to the light.

i also had some fun with the paint i found. I was tired of the rusted suspension look, so i primed and sprayed the rear axle, 1le lca's, diff cover, phr, muffler, and tailpipes (all either aluminum or black gloss, and then clear) i love how it turned out. the hardest part was makin sure i masked everything off nice. id still like to paint the I-pipe, but thats for a later day.

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Looks nice man, I don't really think you can complain too much about a "free appearance mod".

I like [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Well it definitely looks better than the rust, I'll give ya that :D [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I like the blackout side marker idea, I might have to try that, where did you get the tint?
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

i like the sidemarker...really does look pretty good.
        1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera(The White Devil)3.3L V6 (gone)<br />New Car:2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 (The White Bull)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BigCutlass:
          i like the sidemarker...really does look pretty good.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, and it would look even better on a black car [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good man. I was wanting to do the same thing to my markers, just hadn't gotten around to it. :D
            1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

I like to do stupid stuff to my car all the time. I think I rubberize coated my whole rear end (stuff sticks to anything), The whole rear of my car is under coated nicely. And also I keep a nice fresh coat of aluminum high temp paint on my exhaust so it doesn't rust. I hate seeing cars with rusted welds and all that crap on them. Looks nasty. Some other free mods I've done. I debadged the radiator shroud so it's a nice clean black. Colored in my 3800 Series II black, to give it a cleaner look and just polished and cleaned up stuff in the engine bay. (I goto car shows once in a while) Also clean up some of the other stuff with some flat black paint like the fuse box cover etc...

Loochy, I was looking at your site and i'm wondering why you don't take the moldings off the side of your car?

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

hey looks good! you should do your 3rd brake light too. i painted my side markers & third brake light with 4 coats of VHT NightShades, then clearcoated with 4 coats Krylon ClearCoat, just fyi

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by whiteshark:
                  where did you get the tint?<hr></blockquote>

wal mart... i got a the smaller amount (static cling) that is used as a winshield banner

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:

Loochy, I was looking at your site and i'm wondering why you don't take the moldings off the side of your car?

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

i drive the car (read park the car in parking lots) too much. id rather have moldings than dents. Im also worried about paint fade.

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    1 day ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X