• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Old Body Style to New

OK this is what i have now

<p>
    This is what I'm wanting

I know I'll have to change the lights, the bumper, and the hood (will probably go with ram air). Is this all I would have to change?

fenders too
    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

..and everything underneath. (Inner Bumper ect)
      <a href=\"http://www.rcjimsplace.com\" target=\"_blank\">Visit RCJims Place</a><p>1996 Camaro - 3800II 5speed. <br />Duel Exhaust - White 30th Anniversary Rims<br />Pioneer DEH-P6500 HU - Single Pioneer IMPP 10<br />Pilot Leather Wrapped \"D\" Wheel

Comment

yeah, if you're gonna get a new hood anyway, definitely go for the WS6 ram air hood, that thing is mean looking!
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Honestly I think if you did the older trans am conversion for 93-97s. And added a Ram Air 2 hood on it, it would look pretty sweet. With blue stripes. Ok I guess im getting too ahead of myself now.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

Ram air 2 hood? Whats that?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Drake:
              Ram air 2 hood? Whats that?<hr></blockquote>

http://www.usbody.com/82-92%20Firebird.htm

2" clearance.. there's a picture of it there.
              2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
              Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

I have a 93-97 Trans Am conversion on mine with the Big Block hood [img]smile.gif[/img]

didn't cost me a dime cuz I hit a deer lol. now I just gotta get me the side skirts and the rear hatch and it'll be a complete Trans Am appearance conversion...don't know if I'm gonna bother with the hatch though
                \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

So this is the Ram air 2?

that is pretty sweet, where do you think is the best place to get it?

Comment

LOL, my friend just showed me that pic today. He has a red t/a, with tt2s in the mail. He is also looking to buy the same hood so he just pulled that pic outta ls1.com, and then i see it here, lol. Anyway drake, I hear from others that you dont' have to replace the fenders with the older conversion. I'd look for the front clip off ebay or maybee http://www.tacreationsusa.com, any other online salvage site. I'd also get the rear clip for the T/A too, looks butter. Probaby get it for a few hundred or so. The hood I think my friend said he found it for around 400. And the hatch i dunno, check around. Anyway, good luck man. Hope all turns out great.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      5 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X