Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side moldings

one quick question.......

Are there any holes behind the moldings on the doors, front/rear quarter panels that prevent nicks from other doors. I plan on taking these off to give my firbird a more streamline look but wasn't sure if there was holes behind these strips of plastic. Thanks for the help.

~Matt
    99 Firebird (Blue)<br />-custom graphics<br />-Blue neon undercarriage<br />-SLP Ram Air Intake<br />-Alpine IVA-C801 LCD screen<br />-Power Accoustik PADVD-50 DVDplayer<br />-2 12\" JLAudio Comps- 12w3\'s<br />-Kenwood Excelon component speakers<br />-Xtant A6001 & A4004 Amps<br />-Tinted Windows<br />-17x9 Amercian Racing Longboards<br />-painted blue interior

i just took mine off my 97 camaro, and no, it is just held on with this adhesive.

just take a hairdryer, heat up one end, pick it up (off) and drag the rest off, then heat up the remaining adhesive, and rub it off with your thumb, it takes a while, it'll give you a couple of blisters, but it looks so much better.

also, once i was done, i took a rubbing compund to the area, just to make sure it was nice and smooth, no more adhesive... then maybe you should think about claybaring your car, it'll be perfect then (claybaring is a fantastic thing to do, it'll take ages, but its sooooooo worth it, trust me)

hope that helps
    ian
    97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

Badges and trim removed on mine [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=401701\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red Firebird</a>

Comment

pyro, dude, where did you get that hood.... or is it a custom job. first ive seen like that. looks great!!
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

those are fake scoops, they do look badazz though [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          RedlineVSix

Comment

Get a can of WD40 and spray along the top of the BSMs. Soak them good and let it set for 30 minutes or so. Then just work up the end of each piece and peel it off. Rub off any residue from the adhesive with your thumb, wash the car, and you're done. I did my Corvette and my Camaro that way and it works fine.
            <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

thanks for all the help guys........pics should be posted very soon
              99 Firebird (Blue)<br />-custom graphics<br />-Blue neon undercarriage<br />-SLP Ram Air Intake<br />-Alpine IVA-C801 LCD screen<br />-Power Accoustik PADVD-50 DVDplayer<br />-2 12\" JLAudio Comps- 12w3\'s<br />-Kenwood Excelon component speakers<br />-Xtant A6001 & A4004 Amps<br />-Tinted Windows<br />-17x9 Amercian Racing Longboards<br />-painted blue interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                4 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X