TA Hatch Price Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA Hatch Price Question

im wanting a TA hatch for my car and found one thats already painted for 350. It has 3 or 4 scuffs on the clearcoat that the guy says should buff out easily. do you guys think this is a good price? ive seen them on ebay starting around 350 w/o shipping and a different color.

Also, am i going to need new hatch shocks or will the stock ones work fine?

[ August 21, 2003: Message edited by: Snuffalofogus ]</p>
    I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

thats pretty much the going rate and an extra bonus cause its the right color.
    your stock struts should work.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I need a TA hatch really bad in black, and I just can't seem to find any where I live. I live in the U.P. and theres about as many Trans Ams and Firebirds are there are Bentley's, so..that makes things quite difficult.

Anyone know of any places online I can buy from or look at?
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2427914179

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2428529721

or try www.transamcreations.com
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

well. i bought the hatch today, and installed it. My dad and i tried some rubbing compund on some of the scuffs. Needless to say is scratched the sh*t outta the spots we did. Then i tried using some touch up paint that a body shop had gave me after they redid my clearcoat. Needless to say the goddamn mutha f*ckin color didnt match. So! Now i have an even more scrated and double colored hatch.

i guess ill have them repaint the hatch when i get my slp hood painted.

oh well...........
          I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

I was about to say... If the scratches were so easy to buff out why didn't he do it? Well anyway, it shouldn't be too much to repaint it. You still got a good deal on it. And I bet it still looks pretty sweet.

Comment

yea it looks friggin awesome. i got it at a gm junkyard, so they sell stuff as is. Do you guys know if a gm dealership will sell touch up paint? cause im gonna throw the crap i got now away.

Comment

How did the hatch shocks turn out? I really need to replace mine. The extra weight weighs the hatch down and it won't stay open (the button to pop the hatch is also useless). If I remember right, there are two different part #s for the T/A and firebird hatch shocks but don't hold me to that. Let me know something....as long as I have had the T/A spoiler on my car I'm used to it, but it would be nice to get that taken care of.
                2001 Metallic Pewter Firebird A4,WW Groundeffects,T/A High Profile Spoiler,WS-6 Ram-Air Hood,Removed Hood Baffles,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Wheels,Nitto 555R DR,CF Whisper Lid,Dual Flowmaster Exhaust,K&N,Nos 5175 <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firebird2084\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firebird2084</a>

Comment

yea 2k i have the same prob, the hatch basically closes itself after bout 30 secs of being open, so i guess what ill do is go back to the yard, buy a pair of TA shocks, and TA hatch popper thing (dont know what its really called). ill prolly go back there either thursday or friday.

ill get back to ya on how they work

Comment

OK, I realized how annoying it was tonight when I had to change a reverse light and hold the hatch up at the same time. Luckily one of my friends stopped by and held the hatch up. I've been checking the salvage yards around here, but no luck with a 98+ T/A yet. I'll check back and see how things worked out for you. Thanks

Great deal on the hatch by the way....mine was about 4 times that much (couldn't find one in decent shape so I ordered everything brand new from GM).

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: 2k1bird ]</p>
                    2001 Metallic Pewter Firebird A4,WW Groundeffects,T/A High Profile Spoiler,WS-6 Ram-Air Hood,Removed Hood Baffles,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Wheels,Nitto 555R DR,CF Whisper Lid,Dual Flowmaster Exhaust,K&N,Nos 5175 <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firebird2084\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firebird2084</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      2 days ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X