Do y'all think this would look strange?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do y'all think this would look strange??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do y'all think this would look strange??

I bought (2) 275-40-17' for my new rims, but can't find an exact match for the other two. I found 2 the same brand for a really good price, but they are 255-45-17's, that I'll put on the front if I buy 'em.
    My question is, do you think it would look okay like that, or should I buy the 275 for all corners??
    I want the 275's all around, but money is a little tight right now...

-Marc
    sigpic

it shouldnt look funny at all IMO. want skinnier tires up front anyway :D
    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

I think it would look fine. I think it would give it a 'meaner' look.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

i've seen many fbodys w/ skinnier tires up front, it'll look fine [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        RedlineVSix

Comment

Ok, thanx for the replies. I'm buying them today :D :D
          WooHoo! I can finally can get those damn rims installed in a week or two [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

on my old camaro i had 215/60/16s in the front and 245/50/16s in the back
            looked fine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

On a different note, I have sumitomo htr + tires on my car and the rears have gone to crap (in under a year with no burnouts) The fronts are fine, but i don't want to replace them with the same tires. I was thinking about puttin HTRZs in the back or nittos. Do you think my car would look really off with different tires in the front or back? I don't think it would really matter would it? Or should I just do same tires? I really dont' like the HTR+s though.

Comment

well if your gonna get Nittos in the back you'll just look like every other F-Body that goes to the track...regular tires up front and some DR's/ET Streets on the back...
                \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick M.:
                  well if your gonna get Nittos in the back you'll just look like every other F-Body that goes to the track...regular tires up front and some DR's/ET Streets on the back...<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I like the look of the Nitto Tires [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Marc
                  sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Nitto's:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33745

-Marc
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      5 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X