Salad Shooter won't clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad Shooter won't clean

My front one's wont' come clean!! The brake dust is embedded in the paint. How do I get it off and keep it off?? I've tried clay and all kinds of wheel cleaners.
    My Car: 1994 Camaro 3.4 V6 5-Speed<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/speedyman_2\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Did you try wax. Wax works good on mine. I think I also read that people use simple green too. I can't remember???
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

try Greased Lightnening (orange blast) full strength. let it soak, then use a brush.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll try these.
        My Car: 1994 Camaro 3.4 V6 5-Speed<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/speedyman_2\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

GS-27 y'know the "magical" scratch remover that doesnt work for $hit....well just give it a shot....gaurenteed those rims will be shinin like new...oh ya dont forget to wax em afterwords so this doesnt happen again....AND WASH YOUR DAMN CAR SO THIS DOESNT HAPPEN!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Had the same problem as you are describing with brake dust that doesn't want to come off.
            Last summer, I removed all of my wheels, took some 000 Steelwool to them, let them dry, and sprayed clearcoat on each rim (outside and underside of the rims). Now, just a little soap and a hose is all it takes to clean my rims like new! No more dirt or brake dust or problems ;) It also helps that I now use ceramic brake pads too [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            The clearcoat I used can be bought at any auto store for about $5.00 a can. One can did all of my rims.

-Marc
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              1 day ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X