No announcement yet.

No Wax? What ?Need More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zaino is probably one of if not THE BEST wax systems out. They sell kits on Ebay pretty cheap. If you can't find it there, they sell it on their website.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I used Zaino for the last 4 years I think it's the best there is . just do the steps and you will think the same.
      1996 Flamed Camaro RS<br />2006 chrysler 300<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/flamedrs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/flamedrs</a>

Comment

Sixbanger: Yep, that's ALL I use. Whether it is window cleaner, wax, detailer spray, glaze, interior cleaner, carpet cleaner, tire cleaner, wheel cleaner, dash cleaner, etc etc. You get the picture right LOL [img]smile.gif[/img] Here's a little fun picture to go along with this:

All Mothers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eddie B: My car is black. I to have used the claybar, but that's not what this time was. That is wax, glaze, and showtime detailer.

As for using a claybar. You use a type of lubricant to spray on the car surface in portions. Then rub over the car with the claybar. If you use Mothers, they come together (claybar and detailer for lubricant). It will also explain how to do it on the box. You can get these at most parts stores. You will like the end result! :D

And with the Zaino. I am in NO WAY trying to start anything with those that use Zaino. This is just my opinion. I have seen several rides done with Zaino by people who swore by the product. Some of which no longer use Zaino and use Mothers. The reason being there is only one BIG difference between the two of these products .. and that is the price $$$$$. Why pay the big bucks when you can get the same result for less? Again just my opinion. I am happy with the result I get using Mothers, and the price doesn't even compare.

[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: FAD2BLK ]</p>
        1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

I don't think I have the time to use all those products. Could you reccomend one that is essential?
          1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SixBanger:
            I don't think I have the time to use all those products. Could you reccomend one that is essential?<hr></blockquote>

claybar
            and
            wax :D

Comment

Yeah, the Clay Bar is the best, and its really easy to use, just a little time consuming, thats all. Get a friend to help you. Me and a friend did his Jetta in 4 hours with Clay and wax...not bad.
              Ed
              2001 Formula

Comment

All those products are for the entire car. Not just the paint. In my honest opinion, a claybar would be a good thing to start with. But it is only used a few times a year. For the rest of the time, wax and Mothers SHOWTIME is a definite. The showtime is awesome. It will even bring out a shine in the car just afte you wash it. No wax even. Of course the wax will make it look better [img]smile.gif[/img] I always have a couple bottles of that, and use it before every show.
                1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FAD2BLK:

As for using a claybar. You use a type of lubricant to spray on the car surface in portions. Then rub over the car with the claybar. If you use Mothers, they come together (claybar and detailer for lubricant). It will also explain how to do it on the box. You can get these at most parts stores. You will like the end result! :D

<hr></blockquote>

one little tidbit... i was talking to a detailing guy... some rep from "the waxstation" who was at a carshow. he told me that the lubricant that mother's uses you can make yourself. just take a spray bottle and fill it 1/3 the way with a quality car wash soap, and fill the rest with water. it will work the same way. i just bought the 3 pack of mother's clay bars and i make the lubricant myself, it saves a bit of $$$

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Zaino all the way baby!!!
                    --chris--

Comment

anyone ever use Nufinish?? I've been using it lately based on my grandfathers recommendation. He's said over all his years trying different stuff out (turtle wax all the way to Zaino) that he thought this stuff was the easiest to use. So far it's worked decently for me. I dont quite get the mirror/see everything reflection in mine, but I think that's partially due to the crappy paint (last owner had it repainted by maaco). But I think think this stuff is easy to use and it certainly makes the car very shiny.
                      AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        1 day ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X