Please help with my interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with my interior

I'm not sure if this topic really belongs here but everyone that replies in this forum is always very informative so i figured it wouldnt hurt to try. My 94 camaro has really ugly grey interior (material and plastic trim panels). I need black everything! I need black plastic trim panels, all black cloth seats, and black door panels. My interior is going to be all black and red. Help please!!

P.S. something not too pricey, and no problem with used parts in good condition.

Originally posted by TJester53:
    Hey I see many of you have painted the trim pieces to accent your interiors. As i had previously stated my interior will eventually be all red and black. I need to know the actual procedure for painting the trim pieces (a/c vents, speaker grilles, door handle trim, etc.) all those plastic pieces and how much paint would be needed for them. I'd prefer someone with experience let me know but everyone's directions are welcome. I need all the help i can get with this stuff. Also, i need some help deciding what to pieces to actually paint. I really don't want to over do it and make my car look really gawdy. Thanks guys!
    lets keep the whole topic together.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Hey! Are you wanting to do the interior on your own, or get someone to do it?

I have a 94, and I know what you mean about the interior. lol But I went and talked to a guy this afternoon and he is doing my interior for around $450.. Thats putting in black headliner, black sunvisors, and doing the door in black, and putting raised flames in them.. Not a bad price for it. I'm ordering a carpet thing as well, and doing that in black.

As for the paint.. I bought Krylon Fusion at walmart.. It bonds to the plastic and is really good. It cost me around $3.97 a can. As for directions on painting I dont really know.. All I can say is be sure to sand away the texture really well, clean it up, and back sure to spray evenly, dont let it run, and be sure that it is completely dry before putting it back in!

The idea for mine right now is the same as yours... Black and red. My camaro is red in color, with the soon to be black interior with red accents. Looks pretty good in my head, dont know/dont care what everyone else thinks as long as I like it. heh

You should look around for shops in your area to see if anyone does it, and compare prices. Paint your dash! carefully, lol or order a dash kit for it. And you can always fix up the speedometer, gauge faces, change the bulbs to LED bulbs! add some color to it!
      Britni<br />94 Red Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2051995\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2051995</a><br />AIM: CamaroGirly94<br />Yahoo: UMakeMeWannaLaLa05<br />E-Mail: love3doorsdown0@lycos.com

Comment

I have a 93 Firebird.. black exterior and interior. Over the summer I decided to change that. I stripped out all the plastic panels even minus the doors (Pillars, dash piece, all the way to the back, etc.) I went to Meijer (walmart would probably work) and bought primer, silver paint, and clear coat. They were like $2.50 a can or so. Also bought rubbing alcohol because I used to put armor all on everything. So make sure everything is clean. Then I put about 2 or 3 good coats of primer on. The next night I put about 4 or 5 coats of the silver on. The night after that I added clear coat, maybe 3 layers. Probably should have added more clear as some of the paint was scraped off in very small portions when rebuilding. Touch up paint works well for that. Not a hard/expensive project, just a little time consuming and you have to drive your car all stripped down.

As for other accents, I've added a total of 7 neon tubes under the dash, seats, and under the back glass. I've purchased a white gauge face that glows, and custom build a subwoofer box.

If you'd like to see pictures and more details go ahead and email me at Tfbrown@bradley.edu

Comment

I've repainted my interior as well as my ground effects kit. Take a look at my cardomain site. I'll be more than happy to help you out. Shoot me an email for questions.
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/</a>

Comment

hey jester i dont know if you already did paint your pieces but look up g2 pain products and you'll find primers and glosses there , i did my radio panel and dash and people ask if its fiberglass and all i have to do is smile

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              2 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X