rims on a gtp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rims on a gtp

Will my stock chrome 16's fit on a 99 grand prix? I have the same ? for vette y2k's

[img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]
    White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

Originally posted by Dan Clark:
    Will my stock chrome 16's fit on a 99 grand prix? I have the same ? for vette y2k's

[img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]
    well my homeboy wanted to buy my chrome 5 spokes and we tried to put my rims on his 98 Grand Prix and they wouldnt go on there, the bolt pattern is just a hair off.

Comment

camarowidbass: first of all, i have to say that your quote is tight. Secondly, is there some sort of spacer that can be used to fix that problem?
      White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Clark:
        camarowidbass: first of all, i have to say that your quote is tight. Secondly, is there some sort of spacer that can be used to fix that problem?
        im sure there is some sort of adapters you can buy, but then again i wouldnt go with adapters on something as crucial as the wheels.

Comment

wheel adapters will work, and your wheels probably wont even fall off.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

probably wont fall off? im not sure if that was a joke or not, loochy. bc i need more than a probably to go through with it, lol.

Comment

We have 1" spacers on the rear of Dad's '97 S10. They've been on there since 2000, and the truck has hauled well over it's reccomended payload. It's also been pushed on some offroad conditions. The wheel spacer's have NEVER been a problem. Don't let all this negative talk stop you if ya really want those wheels on the car.
              ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

what about the y2k's, anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1:
                  We have 1" spacers on the rear of Dad's '97 S10. They've been on there since 2000, and the truck has hauled well over it's reccomended payload. It's also been pushed on some offroad conditions. The wheel spacer's have NEVER been a problem. Don't let all this negative talk stop you if ya really want those wheels on the car.
                  I'd trust a wheel spacer... now a wheel adapter... ehh... Most support the wheel by the studs, while a spacer, still supports the wheel on the axle hub and uses the studs to hold it in place.

I alwasy wondered too, I thought black Zr1s would look nice on a silver GTP [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

OMG! thats exactly what i was thinking, but i cant find a pic of that anywhere.

Comment

Check SLP, they have just released a few new Zr1's for 3rd gens, and i think they have a ZR1 for a GTP....

Comment

Thats a good idea, but I'd rather not buy new. I plan on buying used and thats y i was wondering if there was some way the existing ones would work. Although, i do wish I had the $$ to buy new!

Comment

do not go with wheel spacers, a guy who works at a wheel/tire place told me how he gets many people who come in with their sh!t busted up because the wheel just came off one day on the road.

Comment

yea, wheel adapters are an easy way to screw things up, plus, if you have instpections in your state.. it def. wont pass

Comment

Originally posted by 00firebird:
                              do not go with wheel spacers, a guy who works at a wheel/tire place told me how he gets many people who come in with their sh!t busted up because the wheel just came off one day on the road.
                              maybe they jsut didn't know what they were doing. wheel spacers are how thrid gens get the 4th gen rims to fit.
                              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                2 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X