Sealed Headlight Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed Headlight Conversion

i remember reading a post awhile back about this. anywayz, my question is what size bulbs replace the low and high beams in a camaro???

9006 in the low, 9005 in the high, I have 98+ bulbs in my 97, like $45 cheaper than buying 93-97 headlights.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

how do you get the bulb out of the sealed lights?
      im interested in those silverstar bulbs.
      1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

heat them up somehow, the glue will loosen up, just pull apart.

Comment

i saw someone with a 2000 camaro that put their whole headlamp in the oven at 200degrees to get it open for some reason.

If i put my 95 camaro's sealed headlamp into a 200 degree oven to heat up the glue, would it be alright?

or should i use one of those heat guns that are supposed to loosen up old paint??

One more question, should i glue the new bulb in?
          If so, what kind of glue should i use?
          1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

im not sure about those questions. im pretty sure im gonna glue mine back in with some silicone. i dunno about the oven thing, im gonna use multiple hair driers i think, lol.

Comment

You justed gently pry them out with a flathead, the pop out with a little work, i used rtv black to seal mine back up
              Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

what kind of bulbs are all of you switching to?

I want something with the white look,thats really bright and i can see better with.

Comment

street glow brand. has that blueish tint to them.

Comment

any others opinions, i heard those silverstart bulbs are good?

Comment

I have Hyperwhites, i like them. doesnt look alot different than stock but i can see like 200 times better with these bulbs.

Comment

just use a screwdriver to get the bulb out :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TurboKillaZ:
                          just use a screwdriver to get the bulb out :D <hr></blockquote>

yeah like i said 4 post before he posted that, shhh ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            2 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X