PLZ HELP!!! Quick Wheel/Tire Question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLZ HELP!!! Quick Wheel/Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLZ HELP!!! Quick Wheel/Tire Question

I will be getting some Eagle Type 077 18x8 wheels. My question is, can I fit 275/40/18 tires on them??? The tires are Dunlop SP Sport 9000. I was gonna put some Kumhos 245/40/18 but I can get a really, REALLY good deal on these Dunlops.

And also, can I use the 275/40/18 tires all around, on the front and back? Will it rub or anythjing when I turn? I drive a 1995 Camaro btw.

Thanks for the input guys. I really hope the tires fit because I can get tires at dirt cheap price.
    E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

GOOD CHOICE ON WHEELS!!! ;) those tires should probably fit, but to be sure i'd ask the guys who are installing them for you. they'll know for sure. i get so many more compliments on my car now that i have my 077 18's, you'll be very happy with them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

If you have an 18x8 inch rim, I will say there is no way you can fit a 275/40/18 tire on them. They are too narrow, you need at least a 18x9 inch rim to get those on there. As far as 275/40's rubbing, you won't have to worry about it at all. :cool:
      1996 Camaro (Black, M5, every option except Y87)<BR>Best ET/MPH: 15.18 @ 90.4 (2.094 60 foot!!!)<BR>-SLP CAI, Flowmaster Exhaust, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch<BR>-1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, B&M Ripper Shifter, Hypertech 160 T-stat, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace<BR>-Black Gran Sport rims (17 x 9.5\'s in front, 17 x 11\'s in rear) w/ Dunlop SP Sport 8000\'s<BR>-5% tint all around, nice beats<P>Not installed: Taylor Spiro wires and NGK iridium\'s, Comp TA R1\'s on stock wheels

Comment

So what is the widest tire an 18x8 wheel will accept???

Anyone else know if these tires will fit???

I know some guy that has same rims with 265/35/18 tires on them.

Comment

I thought the widest tire that would fit on an 8" rim was a 255
          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

I really don't know that's why i am asking...

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

You shouldn't put anything more than 255's on a 8" wide rim. If you look at people's stock 8" wide rims on 255's, they balloon out on the bottom. 275's should fit fine in the back.(as far as space). You should go 9" or 9.5" wide on anything larger than 255's. 275's are definitely too wide for the front. The SS and WS6's can fit them on the front because they have "jounce spacers". It's something SLP sells that fits somewhere in the front suspension to give more clearance. i dunno how it works but it can be done. If you can do it, try to go 265's. That's a rare tire size compared to 245's and 275's but they are made. Good Luck! It's gonna look nice!

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: GregWS6'01 ]</p>

Comment

umm.... jounce bumper spacers go in the back dude. i think the widest tire you can go w/ an 8'' wheel is 255.
                  94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

I couldn't remember if it was front or back. I would have thought front being that there is less gap with the fender well etc....Guys can put 315's in the back, but never in the front.
                    Anyways IBJANKY, here's a link to the Jounce spacers. I dunno if they're actually something needed. Some say they are, some say they aren't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                      Exploding starters
                      by Kubes
                      Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                      i bought this car a couple...
                      1 week ago
                    • 2.8 Bird
                      Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Found some led reverse bulbs
                      by ssms5411
                      My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • Fruitgrower231
                      Having some electrical issues
                      by Fruitgrower231
                      95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • SixShooter'00Camaro
                      OG’s check in!
                      by SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X