Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion: racing stripes

hi,
    i wsa thinking of purchasing the fake 35th ss camaro decals but i waz planning to cut the flag part from the hood to fit the roof, and use straight lines for the hood. What do you think? Or do you tihnk i should get lines painted like the the metalic blue color. I really like the racing stripes on the Shelby Series One car do you think something like this would look good?
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

I guess that would look good. You do have a hard top i supose, personally i would not put stripes on the roof. most if not all factory camaro stripe packs from the factory didn't come on the roof. to me it gives that ricer look but if you think it looks good than go for it. why not do something diffrent like striping it in front and it turns into a flame. on the trunk you could have a flame comming down the back.
    98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

Actually on the hardtops stripes come on the roof of the newer ones.
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

What package? The 35th ss only come in t-top and convertable.

Comment

Im confused, are you putting SS stripes on your car?Those would look weird unless you have a SS-hood and spoiler, They are cut for the SS so you would have a part that is bigger than the rest on the hood for the scoop and it wont even fit the spoiler, I think. Its just wasting $200, I have a Stripe that goes down the center of my car thtas looks pretty good. If your gonna buy stripes, buy the ones on the Rs package for the new year.

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

where can i buy the RS decals i saw them on the SLP RS cars? And if i got a silver metalic strip set would it have like a ghost effect on my car or should i go black or even orange!?
            2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Comment

anyone?

Comment

All i can say is look on ebay, Autografics.com sells rally type racing strips. Pewter and silver look different and wouldnt really go together, Id go with black. Orange only works with a black car in my opinion, the 2 would clash.

Edit-heres autografics, they have about 75 different colors, with pewter i would get metallic Charcoal http://www.caprok.net/gtachuck/pages/camo4page.htm

]

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

i checked that color and i like it, how will those stripes fit on the car anybody know? And how hard is it to put the decals onto the car? Also can wax go over them?

thanks

Comment

oopsss sorry forgot to say i like the metallic Charcoal color i think it would look good! everyone else check the link and give me your opinions

http://www.caprok.net/gtachuck/pages/camo4page.htm

Comment

I do not like strips on the cars. Takes attention away from the beauty of the car and makes you look at ugly stripes. If they were painted on it would be a bit better, but those sticker kind peel off eventually and look like crap. Besides if you ever want to sell the car you must realize lots of people would not buy it because of the stripes.

Comment

I have a Pewter Formula..(hehehe of course ya can tell by my screen name. Anyway it's hard to get a color to match it but I do know there's a few colors that will look good...thanks to a pantone chart. The dark charcoal will match very well...that's what I have on my car now and of course black will match too. The silver wont look very good like 97Chevy Camaro said.

I'll just tell you a couple things I learned in the past week or so. The color of the Pewter is a close match to Pantone 400 which has yellow in it so any color that has alot of yellow in it won't look as well as something that doesnt. If you know anything about complimentary colors then you know that I'm talking about...anything opposite of it on the color chart really goes well. Colors that have more blue tend to look very well. Purple looks great....I know it's a "girly" color but it looks pretty [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I"m getting some custome stripes done for my bird in the next couple weeks and will be installing them myself. I am sure you can do it too. Here's a link that might help you and it happens to be a camaro too ;)

Stripe Install

-Michelle

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: Pewter2k Formula ]</p>
                        2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

I think those stripes of autografics last 7 years without fading. Stripes are not that hard to pu on, just getting them centered is.

Comment

my car will look like this soon, only pewter. i will stay with the same color stripes and the back tail lamp panel is getting painted also. the roof will be painted as well. rice or not....the motor will tell the tale.

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: Domestic Violence ]</p>

Comment

Get them painted, It's not that expensive. Plus they last longer and look beter. I got mine done for 75 dolars but i got a deal while it was in the bs from hiting a gaurd rail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                                Exploding starters
                                by Kubes
                                Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                                i bought this car a couple...
                                1 week ago
                              • 2.8 Bird
                                Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Found some led reverse bulbs
                                by ssms5411
                                My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • Fruitgrower231
                                Having some electrical issues
                                by Fruitgrower231
                                95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                OG’s check in!
                                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X