front grill where wipersare at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front grill where wipersare at...

I have been waiting patiantly to get accepted and I finally got in. Has any one tried to paint their front grill where the wipers are at. I have try twice the the paint crack and starts to chip off. The second time I painted it I sanded it down, used flexible primer and it did the same thing. A freind of mine that does body work said those can't be painted their is no type of paint that will stay on that. Is this true, and I'm wasting my time and money or it can be painted. :
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19</a>

hahahahh funny how you ask... i Just did it... TOTALY FALSE what your friend says..... I put one thin coat of primer on. Then i used some of the 500º spray paint. Low gloss black. Its made basicly to paint an engine or anything thats going to get hot. The paint it JUST the right amount of gloss..... it doens look all shiny just looks like new plastic. And it will last a lifetime.... i didnt sand or anything.... I did remove the whole thing though.. it is two pieces all together... need help just ask.... btw that paint can be found at any autozone or walmart about 3 bux a can

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: Big Tymer ]</p>

Comment

I tried using the high heat paint on the interior panels of my car and it flakes off whenever something rubs against it....I even used a good primer.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

did you EVER use armor all or sumthin like that on it? That would do the flaking for ya :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X