X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPAIRING BUMPER!!!!! AUTOBODY HELP

HEY!
    I need help of auto body experts!

My bumper used to have an N sticker on there (I was a new driver now I have full license).

The N was in a pouch that I after removed damaged my bumper and the original colour (black) of the plastic the bumper is made of is showing through ..

sooo I want to repaint it in a square, sorta like 'patch' the spot so it at least blends in and is not so visible...

how can I do this without screwing it up??????

I dont want to take it to auto body they will charge me 400 bucks and want to repaint the whole thing

I can't really help you with the autobody part, but....You have to have an "N" Sticker on your car in Canada when you are a new driver?!?
    Not too bad of an idea for here in the States. I know some driver's around here that could have "A-H" on their cars.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry I'm not thinking correctly tonight but I don't understand what happened with your bumper. You had a sticker on there and you took it off did it leave some kind of film on you can't get off? or did the paint come all off when you took it off? I would leave the blending part alone. Just a small square like that would be really hard to blend. If the paint is still good just try some compound. If it's pretty small you could just touch it up. Please give a little bit more insight i dont' understand.

Comment

I will take some photos this weekend, and then show you guys what I mean.

hockeyman: yes since 2 or 3 years ago, canada has been promoting their new graduated licensing program...

how it works...

1) when you turn 16, you can go take a written test to apply for your learners permit.

if you pass the test (around 40 q's) then you will get the L's permit, and this will allow you to drive with one adult in the car who has full license. While you drive, you must display an "L" on the back of the car. This stage lasts anywhere between 3-6 months (3 if you take drivers ed, 6 if you do not)

Restrictions:
        -Must always clearly display "L" sign on back of car while driving with adult.
        -Cannot Drive between hours of 12AM-6AM

2) After 3/6 months period is up, you can register for your "N" road test. You go and take a test that lasts for like 30-45 minutes. If you pass, you will be allowed to drive anytime of day, but must ALWAYS display the "N" on the back of the car.

This stage lasts anywhere from 18 months to 24 months.

Cost: 20USD written test, 12USD license charge

Restrictions:

-Must always display the N on the back of the vehicle.
        -Cannot consume ANY alchohol while driving.

Cost for this test: 50USD for road test, 12USD for license

3) After the time is up, you go for your class-5 full license road test. If you pass, you will have your full license and be allowed to drive without any stickers on the back, and you can drink around 2-3 beers.

Cost of this test: 35USD for road test, 12USD for license

Basically this is a way to gauge a ****load of money out of people, expecially on the "N" stage, as most people fail that at least once.

It is really stupid, but having the N on cars is a signal to drive with caution when encountering them, expecially the new "majority" in our city, cuz these people cannot drive for some reason.

Comment

Yeah that type of license is here in Ontario too, but no stickers on the car though :(

As for the question, I think you should try to get the DMV to pay for the bumper...thier sticker damaged your car....try it see what comes of it, if not, I think a repaint of the bumper is needed.

-Andrew
          1998 NBM Pontiac Firebird - LS1/T56 Swap | Pro-Kit Springs & Bilstein HD\'s | BMR LCA\'s | LG Adj. PHR | T-top Conversion | <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/battyv6</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by silicuda:
            [QB]3) After the time is up, you go for your class-5 full license road test. If you pass, you will have your full license and be allowed to drive without any stickers on the back, and you can drink around 2-3 beers.QB]<hr></blockquote>

You can drink and drive too?!?!? COOL!
            Nah, just kiddin'.
            Anyway, that's a good method y'all have. Sounds like a PITA, but effective.

-Marc

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
            sigpic

Comment

Marc, yep its a big PITA, i am glad i am done with it.

B.C. is the most expensive province to live in Canada, we pay more for everything thanks to our liberal government.. we pay extra 3.5 to 5 cents per liter of gas as well, just because they are trying to get the olympics here and that is how they are raising money to rebuild the highway system to whistler.. damn bastards, soon we are hitting a dollar per liter.. and that is a lot!

Comment

all i have to say is:

why didn't you put it on the glass? ;)
                - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Thank God California doesn't have them gay stickers that you have to put on your bumper. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
                  -FLOWMASTER 80 series exhaust dual out,K&N air filter.<br />-Bright Rally Red, 1993 Camaro V6 automatic. No BIG mods yet! But who needs alot of mods when you have 160 hp? Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 tires 245/50-16\'s \"Great tires\" <br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG</a><br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X