Interior Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Paint

Just checking what kinda paint i should use. dupli-color has a couple types of paint. should i use the enamal (spelling???) paint or the vinyl and fabric paint???

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EternalVertigo:
    Just checking what kinda paint i should use. dupli-color has a couple types of paint. should i use the enamal (spelling???) paint or the vinyl and fabric paint???<hr></blockquote>

Most of the interior is either vinyl or vinyl like, so I'd say go with that
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

I didn't use vinyl, just the normal duplicolor stuff. check my post just a couple lines up to see pics
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

I used enamel. vinyl won't work on the plastic, if u were going to paint your dashboard, not the trim peices, the you'd use the vinyl. IMO Duplicolor enamel, or anytype of enamel is the only way to go, alot of people on here used the cheap 99 to 2.00 a can paint, but you get what you paid for, get dupicolor filler primer, enamel, and clear coat, you'll need all three if you want to do it right.

[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: D.B. ]</p>

Comment

alright, ill get vinyl for the dash and enamal for the plastic.

im not really going for the super smooth look either cuz im painting the whole interior and im too lazy to sand it down. would it look ok if i dont sand it and leave the stock texture to it???

then all i need to do if primer, enamal, and clear coats???

Comment

i painted mine and didn't sand a thing. IT looks great and I haven't had a problem.
            1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
            Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              2 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X