possible hood/hinge alignment problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible hood/hinge alignment problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible hood/hinge alignment problem

well i got my car back today!!! FINALLY and well i MIGHT have a problem thats why i am asking you they said they were having hell with one side(drivers) and couldnt get the hood down on that side, they removed that hood hinge and there is basically one hood hinge on my car but the hood is ALOT lighter than my stock hood, also there is still a LIL bit of rise on my drivers side b/w hood and fender, i think on my day off i will unbolt the fender screws drill the fender holes, and pull the fender up(sounds confusing) but i done it on my maro to make the body lines match up!! so i think it will work that way i can have both hood hinges up! i will get pics up ASAP i have been SUPER busy thought i was going to die tonight i had to close at target and OMG!!! the store is a BOMB!! but neway let me know waht ya think

dude make sure to get hood pins, my fiance put a cowl hood on his stang and the hood poped up while he was driving and just about everything need to be replaced, windsheild, cowl, etc
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

it has the safety latch on the front and everything bolted up like the stock hood???

Comment

yeah so does his. but it still happened. just given you a heads up
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Why can't you slot the hinge bolt holes instead so you can lower the hood where the bracket bolts to the hinge?
          1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
            dude make sure to get hood pins, my fiance put a cowl hood on his stang and the hood poped up while he was driving and just about everything need to be replaced, windsheild, cowl, etc
            u dont need hood pins unless u have a faulty hood release.... they take away from the appearance of the car.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X