• my new LED mod *PICS*

popped into my head one day, and I had never seen it before, so i tried it

here you can see the picture

floor lit up

picture

picture2

switches and picture

picture

the pictures aren't very good at all, but it looks real clean. and I know my floors are dirty, but I am just glad to be done so those will have to wait. It really looks pretty good in real life. The picture isn't all blown out like it is in the pictures. You can see the details of the picture much better in person.
    2000 firebird w68, a4<br />100% stock, but not for long

those are some nice mat were u got it from
    <a href=\"http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=familyhalloweenbird0011rs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

Comment

sweet! I have blue in my car. i also have them under the two front seats so that it lights up in the back. ^_^

Comment

mat???

Comment

what is that on the passenger seat
          <a href=\"http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=familyhalloweenbird0011rs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

Comment

i'm guessing cd holder^^^. looks good, can't do that in philly. so if i were you i would check you your city laws.
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i am about to do this but i recieved my LED and i am like DUHHHHH i dunno what to do, also i have some cold cathode tubes, i have 4 12 and 4 4 in tubes! if it looks too riey then i will pull them out but i want a cool look along with light around my feet etc.

Comment

looks kool like the red!
                2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

looks kool like the red!
                  2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

That's my cd holder. I had an extra sticker lying around, so I put it on there. I also plan on putting a red LED next to each of the switches so it lights up when the switch is on, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Ya under the dash are the 12" cathodes. I have 2 more 4" cathodes, but I don't know where to put them. I was thinking maybe like in hte little holder at the bottom of each door, but I don't know. Any ideas?

[ November 30, 2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: max5 ]

Comment

how many cathodes under there and can you go take a pic of the mounting location i am doing this in the morning!! i have 4 12 and 4 4 in cathodes

Comment

how much do those tubes cost.. i'm lookin at gettin some of them too
                        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

I have a 12" cathode under each sde of the dash. The cathodes when connected to the transformer from end to end measure about 3'. so the transformer is sitting behind the headunit on that little ledge back there. mounting the tubes is just a matter of finding a flat spot, which is really easy on the passenger side. On the driver side I just moved the light around, and ended up putting it in front of the pedals, and I had to put it at an angle in order to find a flat spot. so the driver side isn't sitting parallel to the seat, but it's pretty close. Just find a flat spot and stick them up there.

The tubes are from oznium.com. trust me buy them from oznium. They have the lowest prices by far, $6.50 for 2 12 inchers. and their customer service is great. DON'T BUY LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE.

Comment

oznium x 2, how many cathodes did you use, 1 on each side, i have 4 12 inchers and 4 6 inchers,

Comment

Here are some pics for reference in case you wanted to see what cold cathodes looked like. I used to have these on, but have since moved on and got rid of them. They were more of a novelty and lost their appeal after a while(a month)...

I actually got the CC's for PC's and there was a decent price over a year ago when I got them. $6 for 2. So I figured I'd experiment with a few colors since I only need one for the PC.

Blue:

Mounting location:

Red:

Mounting location:

White:

Hope that helps...and don't worry, it's not as ricey as it looks, but to each his own.

P.S. I originally got the idea from this guy:

[ December 03, 2005, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: ArticRider ]
                              Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X