pics of my rims ( in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my rims ( in progress)

well here ya go. im tired so im not gonna type too much. i stupidly didnt tape off the tires, but they're half worn so it doenst matter too much too me. the pics suck, it was 10 at night when i took them.i still have to polish the lip on them and then ill be done. i tryed to sand it down by hand, but gave up. i got a dremel for christmas so after christmas ill post up finished pic's. i know im gonna get flamed but oh well. i had fun with this project so far and im proud of how they turned out.

1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

They do make tape/newspaper for a reason. You could have taped the lip that you were going to polish and cover the tires. Cheaper alternative to new wheels though. :cool:
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how they look on your car. Looks like you're doing a good job on the painting! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

so are your tires permantley spray painted, or???
        2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

wipe those tires down with paint remover and you'll be good
          Mystic Teal Metallic
          ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

scrub scrub scrub!! looking good!
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

use a wire brush to get the paint off the tires, use some soapy water in a spray bottle, it'll come right off
              --1986 Firebird M5-- TEAM RED

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109812

Comment

With a polished lip, I think those will actually look pretty good on your car. Thumbsup.
                -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

yea, i wasnt thinking when i started. theses are just an extra set of wheels and tires. and the tires are half gone anyway. yea im gonna try to clean the paint off the tires as much as i can before i put them on. i can just press hard against it and the paint well bend with the tire then chip off. so im sure a wire brust will get it all off easyly. sadly i cant polish it by hand. i tryed on the one, got all the way up to 2000 grit and it took 8 days, and i couldnt move my arm. and that was only half the rim. but i know a got a dremel for christmas. so over christmas vacation ill go crazy all day long. im excited. thanks for the comments guys.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i'm doing the same thing with painting them black and having a polished lip. They will be my winter wheels so i get to paint and tape them without mounted tires.
                    97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

what paint did you use?

Im considering doing this with some of that duplicolor wheel paint this summer and doing some sort of polished lip thing with the stockers on my 98.
                      3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X