someone tried breaking into my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone tried breaking into my car!

i guess sometime last night, someone thought they would try and break into my car, and left unsuccessfull, and i dont have full coverage, here are the results...

does anyone know how i could possibly fix this and around how much it might cost?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/808840\" target=\"_blank\">My 1996 V6 T-Top Camaro</a>

i would say just get it spot painted, but im sure the sratches are pretty deep :(
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

ouch, sorry to hear. i dont think touch-up paint will cover that up and not be notice-able. what the hell were they trying to do? it looks like they missed the hole alot. that sucks man. keep us updated. id be so mad if that happened to me. try a local body shop, tell them what happened maybe they'll repaint that little section cheap.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Keep it from happening again. Shave the locks and use the remote from now on. Assuming you have remote keyless entry. If not, get some actuators from the junk yard or something. Power locks are pretty easy, it's the windows that are a pain.
        ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

If the lock isnt damaged, you can make it look decent and unnoticable
          -id get a fine sand paper and wet sand around the scratched area
          -Buy matching paint with the brush style and apply to the scrathes pretty thick
          -Then get some rubbing/ sanding compound and buff away the excess paint until its smooth

My 94 bird was keyed when i was in H.S. and it was pretty bad, so thats exactly what i did and it turned out surprisingly nice looking
          Hell of alot cheaper then a body shop paint job.
          When i sold the car they didnt notice the scratch at all

Now, my 97 someone tried breaking in, luckily not leaving any scratches whatsoever., but they f'd up my lock cylinder and now i cannot manually unlock or lock the door from the outside
          (good thing for my actuators and viper alarm i have no problem) [img]smile.gif[/img]
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

its funny that they tried to break into the lock when everyone knows the windows are the weak point rofl
            Borla exhaust, headers and intake coming soon...(delayed)<br /><br />To be fixed:Bent rim, minor scatches

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X