American Sports Car Design (ASCD) Ram Air Hood - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Car Design (ASCD) Ram Air Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Sports Car Design (ASCD) Ram Air Hood

Is this hood a good one, ive been told to stay away from some of the ram air hoods from some companies, just wanted to know if this one is safe
    \"It\'s Our Wits That Make Us Men\"

not sure about the hood. but if you do go with an aftermarket hood. make sure to go with hood pins. even if it says that it matches up. hood pins are a must unless you want to drive down the road doing 45 mph and have that hood flip open into your windsheld. hehe
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Yep. But many hoods are direct bolt-ons. The one I have for sale is a direct bolt on with the stock hinges and latch, therefore, no pins needed. If you feel like driving down to NJ from Mass. I'll hook you up with a real nice hood. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I've checked around about the different ram air hoods myself, and the general consensus is that the ASCD hoods are the best quality ones out there...
        <b>00 Black Firebird V6</b><br />Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, FTRA, Flowmaster American Thunder, HPP3, Bilstein HDs, BMR STB<br /><br /><b>02 Black WS6</b><br />100% Stock<br /><br /><b> <a href=\"http://www.guysoflidar.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.guysoflidar.com</a> </b> Honest & Unbiased <a href=\"http://www.guysoflidar.com\" target=\"_blank\">Radar Detector Tests</a> - See who makes the <a href=\"http://www.guysoflidar.com\" target=\"_blank\">Best Radar Detector</a>!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
          Yep. But many hoods are direct bolt-ons. The one I have for sale is a direct bolt on with the stock hinges and latch, therefore, no pins needed. If you feel like driving down to NJ from Mass. I'll hook you up with a real nice hood. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          You have a pic of this hood? Where in NJ?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Yeah, I have a couple of pics... I'll email ya tonight. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm in northwest NJ about 40 minutes from NYC.
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

hey im interested 2 can u send me some pictures and a price thanks
              <a href=\"http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=familyhalloweenbird0011rs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

Comment

You both have mail! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

ive been told that with fiberglass aftermarket hoods, they need to have hood pins, no matter how they latch up.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Nope, not this one. It is a direct bolt-on to the factory hinges and latch. It goes on the car exactly the same way your stock hood does. No need for hood pins. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

My hood just got backed over by a Titan and I was thinking about getting this same hood. Is there any problem with the Ram Air capability of my hood and my engine being the 3800?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X