No announcement yet.

ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if its legal on the street? If they are, i am willing to buy the black outs.

Comment

they aren't legal on the street i don't think but i haven't been pulled over for mine at all. just be really careful at night. it all depends on the cops in your area. most of the ones where i live told me that they aren't street legal but they don't pull anyone over for them unless they have trouble seeing your brake lights at night.
      1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Most altezzas are brighter than stock taillights so I don't see how they can be illegal. Blackouts, however, are illegal. I say go for being different and don't follow the crowd. If you want them, get them. People will look twice at the car (whether they like em' or not) and will see that something is different about it.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Any light that isn't DOT approved is illegal. Since most altezza lights are cheap they don't bother running them past DOT. You can look at yours and if a DOT number isn't stamped on there somewhere they are illegal.

As far as them being brighter thats really a toss up. My problem with altezzas (besides my personal opinion on how they look) is it's harder to see the lights because there is less surface area changing color and if they have a metallic backing it distracts from the lights.

Comment

Well thanks for the info. who knows... there may be DOT approved nightshades. Expect a post if anything comes up.

Comment

get the taillight covers. they'll look pimp
              Mystic Teal Metallic
              ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

burn them for the winter....do not... I mean do not EVER put altezzas on a camaro. Sorry for the rudeness but they look terrible... The black ones are "ok" but I still wouldnt put them on a car
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99</a>

Comment

well i know what you guys mean. We will see, hopefully i will order some covers after Christmas. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Any light that isn't DOT approved is illegal.
                    Of course. But how many people do you know have been pulled over with altezzas? I can't name one (although I don't know too many who have them either). I think it's funny that people feel so strongly against them. I actually think it's cool to see something different than the stock boring parts on a car. It means someone actually took the time and effort to modify their car to stand out a little. I wish they'd develop an altezza that went with the lines of the Camaro a little more though. And the thing I'm not big on, is the fact that most of them leak because of the outer lense. Other than that, they're fine for the most part. Oh, and btw, covers are a waste. They fall off. I've lost at least 5 of them from taking turns too sharp and having them fly off like a projectile only to get run over by the next on-coming car. I guess you could always screw them into the lenses though. They are also ILLEGAL. I got pulled over for having blackouts.

[ December 16, 2005, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Shirl ]
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

I don't know anyone who has been pulled over for it, but then again I don't personally know anyone who has altezza lights. I don't have a problem with people putting them on their cars as long as I can see the lights when they hit the brakes.

If I were a cop I would pull people over for altezzas write them a ticket and make them tow the car home, but I'm also a jerk and think it would be funny.

Comment

You don't have a problem with them, but would pull over people for having them... ??? sounds logical, alright.. :rolleyes:
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

i have alteezas (i'll see if i can get pics). I have never been pulled over for any of the mods i have. It all depends on your taste and how you want to stand out in the crowd. I know once you start changing light bulb colors though you can get in trouble.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-9...22322456QQrdZ1 thats what i have .
                          95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                            You don't have a problem with them, but would pull over people for having them... ??? sounds logical, alright.. :rolleyes:
                            I was kidding... I know that doesn't translate over the internet well.

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
                              ew
                              What he said.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

well i didnt mean to make a big deal about it, but thanks for all the input.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X