Targa Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targa Top

This is something that I have been curious about for a while. I see that there are people on here who have converted their standard roof to a t-top, but I was wondering if its possible to just completely remove the top, much like that of a Corvette. Seeing as how (at least my car) is not a torque spitting monster, I wonder if after strengthening the rest of the chassis (subframe connectors, and a strut tower brace) if this would be a possibility. I know that fitting the top onto the car could cause quite a few headaches, but im just curious if the chassis is strong enough to handle a maximum of about 250-260 ft lbs. Has anyone ever done this, or know of anyone who has done it?

it has been done... a couple guys on ls1tech have it, and there have been posts and pictures floating around both here and on that site. try searching both sites. it can be done.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
      it has been done...
      i have also heard bad stories how it has really really messed up the car
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I would be worried about how it would negatively affect the car in an accident. If you do decide to go through with the idea. I would seriously consider putting a cage in the car.

Comment

i havent ever heard of it messing things up subframe connetors should put back the strength you took out.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            5 hours ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X