Gettin some racing stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin some racing stripes

Dad is an automotive painter...so he will be doing it. Hes going to paint them on, which means front bumper, hood, spoiler, and hatch lid all get repainted. The roof and mirrors are already black...so im going with black stripes starting above the license plate holder, goin up the hood...and then of course they will come down the back over the trunk lid and spoiler...and end there.

Should look good and i believe hes doing it this weekend. Best part, im only $75 in the hole for materials. Labor = free [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

hell yeah sounds good, painted stripes look so much better than vinyl. You will need to post pics up afterwards.
    30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

lucky duck....
      The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

thats awesome dude..its definitely cool to get props cuz your stripes are done with paint and not vinyl..remember to clear coat the hood really well! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

so there not going to go down your back bumper and come up from below your front bumper? :\
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

^^^No, he said it starts above the license plate holder, then on back. Reading &gt; you [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

They will start right above the license plate holder, go up the hood through the vents...the roof is already black....then it will go down the spoiler and trunk lid...and end right above the 'Camaro', but they wont continue onto the piece that says Camaro. They will stop on the trunk lid.

And of course....i wont leave you guys hangin, ill get some pics up [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 1SL1k30thCam:
                hell yeah sounds good, painted stripes look so much better than vinyl. You will need to post pics up afterwards.
                yeah but if someone wants to take their vinyl stripes off they can [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1SL1k30thCam:
                  yeah but if someone wants to take their vinyl stripes off they can [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]in most cases they'll have to take the vinyl off anyways, due to cracking and fading.....I got my stripes painted on. Couldnt be happier, and good choice not going all the way up and down the front/rear bumpers, it looks much better.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Well, we freehanded the layout of the stripes...and wow. They are so badass. They will be painted on tomorrow during the day. I will post pics ASAP.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      2 days ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X