Pics of my car (SS look-a-like), Billet Grille Question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my car (SS look-a-like), Billet Grille Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is a 97, but he converted it.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by articacid:
      is it me or does the moon look a little too big?
      You would be correct its a shot I took of the moon a few months ago during a lunar ecplise, its about 8-10x larger then the moon should be.
      1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

So, those pictures were taken with a digital camera set to:
        1)Incandescent lighting
        2)longer exposure
        3)no flash

Am I correct?

Sorry if this is not related, but I'm really interested in improving the quality of my photos. Not only for my car but for social reasons as well.

And, nice car btw, looks like mine without the GFX and rims added.
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Originally posted by F1GT:
          So, those pictures were taken with a digital camera set to:
          1)Incandescent lighting
          2)longer exposure
          3)no flash

Am I correct?

Sorry if this is not related, but I'm really interested in improving the quality of my photos. Not only for my car but for social reasons as well.

And, nice car btw, looks like mine without the GFX and rims added.
          It was shot on Auto White Balance then had color adjusted to around 2400-2500K then a selective de-saturation. Exposure is only like 1/5-3 seconds so not to long small aperture F/18-22 for that star effect on lights. No flash, maybe in a little while when I save up more I can spend $2000-4000 on a small lighting setup and do a second curtain shot with it.

Most of the stuff I did people won't even notice if you truely want to improve your photography work on composition. IE, not centering your subject, paying attention to distractions and geometry within the frame such as road lines etc. I can't give you much more suggestions for car photography I'm trying to do more car photography but this really is my first real time going out and shooting my car and it was sort of an impromptu thing.
          1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

A little too "French" there for me. hehe

I guess I'll have to stop by a book store and read up on it since the manual don't say much. And I do pay attention to the background and I cut out of the picture of what I dont' want, then I have a person or a car placed within this background that I want. I am just trying to mainly figure out all these white balance/exposure/flash/no flash/Auto/Etc combinations so I can get better results at night time.

oh, one last thing. Did you use a TriPod? How tall is it? know any good websites? I need it or else slow shutter makes all vacation night pics go blurry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 17, 2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: F1GT ]
            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

A little too "French" there for me. hehe

I guess I'll have to stop by a book store and read up on it since the manual don't say much. And I do pay attention to the background and I cut out of the picture of what I dont' want, then I have a person or a car placed within this background that I want. I am just trying to mainly figure out all these white balance/exposure/flash/no flash/Auto/Etc combinations so I can get better results at night time.

oh, one last thing. Did you use a TriPod? How tall is it? know any good websites? I need it or else slow shutter makes all vacation night pics go blurry. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Yes you should use a tripod anytime your shutter speed falls below 1 over the focal length, if its a point and shoot and your shooting wide say 1/80th or so.

I use a Bogen and Manfrotto just there basic one runs about $180 or so, not neccessary for a point and shoot camera but I do D-SLR which technically says you should spend around $1000 on a tripod but I like handholding. The tripod is also pretty low to the ground about 18-20" off for these shots, I usually prefer really low or really high for car shots.

I have a smaller tripod I used to use Sunpak one that I'd sell for like $25 still has box, 2 quick release plates it can support a P&S or SLR camera up to like 6lbs I believe just something basic but for night shots you really need a tripod no real way around especially if you want the blurred light affect as cars pass.

Comment

Well, I guess I really have to invest in a ~30-50 buck tripod for my P&S camera. I'm not that advance or into cameras enough to buy DSLR. I saw a mono-pod, but I don't think that would be steady enough, lol. I guess I have to deal with looking geeky to get some good night pics for my vacation that is coming up. Think how funny it would be seeing someone bust out a tripod like they were a pro, only to put a compact P&S camera on top of it, lol.
                I wonder how the 3.2 mp Canon S1 IS would do at night with slow shutter speed being held by the hand since it has an image stabilizer and 10x optical zoom! $300 online. That is a great price but GF says no:(

Comment

Well, I guess I really have to invest in a ~30-50 buck tripod for my P&S camera. I'm not that advance or into cameras enough to buy DSLR. I saw a mono-pod, but I don't think that would be steady enough, lol. I guess I have to deal with looking geeky to get some good night pics for my vacation that is coming up. Think how funny it would be seeing someone bust out a tripod like they were a pro, only to put a compact P&S camera on top of it, lol.
                  I wonder how the 3.2 mp Canon S1 IS would do at night with slow shutter speed being held by the hand since it has an image stabilizer and 10x optical zoom! $300 online. That is a great price but GF says no:(
                  Depends on what you're taking a picture of the IS will lower the stable shutter speed but only a little bit and not for anything moving. I'd say maybe 1/15th or so of a shutter speed. A tripod is really still your best bet though. The IS in that S1 is really not meant for low light photography as much as it is for the 10x optical as the longer you zoom the higher the shutter should be comparatively as your hand movements are exaggerated. If you've got realitively smooth pavement you can sit the camera on the ground and try and tilt it up to get a shot, I did that with my old p&s ages ago and it turned out pretty good all things considered. But again not for nighttime stuff unless you prop something underneath it to hold it in that spot.

Comment

What kind of camera do you have? I'm looking for something decent with atleast 3 mp and 3x optical zoom. I'd like for it to have manual photo settings where i can adjust the focus / shutter speed. I have a little experience using a nikon 35mm SLR.

Comment

Originally posted by OutKlast:
                      [It was shot on Auto White Balance then had color adjusted to around 2400-2500K then a selective de-saturation. Exposure is only like 1/5-3 seconds so not to long small aperture F/18-22 for that star effect on lights. No flash, maybe in a little while when I save up more I can spend $2000-4000 on a small lighting setup and do a second curtain shot with it.

Well, I did some reading and I now know what you mean for aperture of F18(smaller opening). Mine is set on 2.0, of course no manual adjustments and I set it to Single Multi Point Auto Focus. Monitoring is continously focusing, while single is when I push half way down on the shutter then it focuses. I can adjust my exposure from 100-400 or set auto. Shutter speed is set for mode of Camera(ie, Twilight, Beach, Outdoor, Auto etc) and I'm not sure how many speeds it has and what speeds the shutter slows down to for the ones it does. It has a manually adjustable EV from -2.0-+2.0 if the auto mode is out of contrast. It also has spot metering.

I understand that smaller aperture(numerically higher) will increase depth of focus, even though it is allowing less light in. Like if you set yours up to open up wider, then the moon or even the building will be out of focus on that first shot.

Anywho, I bought myself a 60" tripod today. It has 3-section legs to expand out. Has a handle on the center piece so i can carry it when retracted. It also has a crank to raise or lower the camara once I'm in position. I guess the only thing I want more now out of my P&S is the adjustable aperture of a SLR and also the adjustability of the shutter speed. For the level and stage I'm in now at least.

And you are definitely right about the IS on that Canon. The more zoom the more "shake".

I'm more versed in French now :D

[ February 22, 2005, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: F1GT ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X