Pics of my 1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro (and caliper painting process) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my 1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro (and caliper painting process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my 1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro (and caliper painting process)

Well, I searched and weeded out my old pic threads, so now only my newest one exists on this board. I figured I'd take one last set of pics here as summer comes to a close, to show off what I did this summer.

To the Pics!

[ October 11, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]</p>
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

And a Pic of my Painted Calipers. For you guys who thought I didn't do a neat enough job last time, I've got pics from the whole process of doing it this time, its nice and neat [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll post those a bit later

1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Caliper Pics!!!

Bare Metal Preped

Bare Metal Preped

Silver Base Coat (I forgot to take pics of the primer coat before this)

Silver Base Coat

Painted Color, Still Wet

Both of them, Still Wet

Still Wet, Close up

Both of Them, Dry

Comment

Both of them, Dry Last Pic [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

looking good. it has very clean look to it. if i were you id switch the rear fillins to black, but silver looks fine. Also, what would you say to maybe some all red 96 style taillights? and some clears up front?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Where'd you get those mudflaps at? I want to get a set - they are doing lots of roadwork around here and I'm sick of washing tar off of my paint
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

yeah definately get some clear corners for the front. they'll look great especially with the fog lights right there.
              awesome looking car [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
              mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KBeezy:
                Where'd you get those mudflaps at? I want to get a set - they are doing lots of roadwork around here and I'm sick of washing tar off of my paint<hr></blockquote>

I got them at my local GM dealer. I'm not sure why I was there, but they were hanging on the wall behind the counter. I bought them on an impulse. I think they were $10 a set.

Comment

Nice car [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I really like the color. You don't see many Cayenne Red Camaros on the road.
                  2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

That is one clean Camaro! That car looks great! I like the front blackouts, it looks like the Camaro has sunglasses on :cool: I like the decals on the back too. Nice car man! In fact I have the head on view picture as my desktop right now. Would you happen to have a higher resolution image of that picture?
                    <a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1991 Firebird - 3.1L V6</a> with custom K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Sony CD, MTX 4-ch amp, 2 MTX 10\" subs, Sony & Polk speakers, Eagle Wheels<br /><br /><a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1997 Firebird Trans Am</a> with T-Tops, Panasonic CD, Alpine Speakers, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and Lingenfelter CAI.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 91Firebird:
                      Would you happen to have a higher resolution image of that picture?<hr></blockquote>

Yep, I've got 1632 X 1232 versions of them all.

Comment

Your car is awesome, its the cleanest 97 Ive seen ever. Im very impressed :D Keep up the good work !!!
                        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Thought I'd bring this to the top for the heck of it. Get some more views.

Also, I picked up a set of Stripes for the car. But I haven't had the chance to get them on cuz my beater got totaled, so have to drive the camaro all the time again. When I buy a new beater the stripes will go on, if its not too cold.

Comment

That color looks awesome. Very clean too. Good job
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean37:
                              That color looks awesome. Very clean too. Good job<hr></blockquote>

Thanks! It seems to be a very rare color. I've only seen a few people on here with them. And I've never seen another camaro this color in person.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X