Pics of my 1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro (and caliper painting process) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my 1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro (and caliper painting process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks great...same color as mine...What color stripes did you get? I have Black side flags w/ silver shadows on mine...I don't have any great pics on my website yet, but I'm sure I could pull up a few...you've got a beautiful car, keep it that way!

edit: BTW, did you paint the calipers the same color as the car, or did you use a different shade of red? I've been wanting to do that for a while now too.

[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Camarolover98 ]</p>
    98 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98</a>

Comment

Wow, that is really hot! Awesome looking car dude, if I have to nitpick anything (and believe me I had to search for something to nitpick [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I'd say that clear headlight covers might look better than black IMO. Each to their own tho, it rocks either way man. Nice work!
      *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

looks good man [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] now just get RIMS!!!!!....and get rid of the blackouts [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;) looks good dotn mess it up [img]smile.gif[/img]

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarolover98:
          Car looks great...same color as mine...What color stripes did you get? I have Black side flags w/ silver shadows on mine...I don't have any great pics on my website yet, but I'm sure I could pull up a few...you've got a beautiful car, keep it that way!

edit: BTW, did you paint the calipers the same color as the car, or did you use a different shade of red? I've been wanting to do that for a while now too.

[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Camarolover98 ]
          <hr></blockquote>

I got 30th Aniv Ed. Stripes in Silver. Still haven't gotten them on.

As for the Calipers. The paint is that "Anno" colored paint. They carry it at Auto Zone and Walmart. I saw it and the color looked close, so I jumped on it. I think it came out rather well.
          1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

clean car!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Nice, good job on the calipers. I did mine as well. Makes a huge difference I think. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
              <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

WOW!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

The black headlight covers are great!!!
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Everglades W68:
                  WOW!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

The black headlight covers are great!!!
                  <hr></blockquote>

Alright! Someone else that likes them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm usually not much for the whole black out deal. But I really thought these smoothed out the front of the car, and really added a lot to the over all appearance.
                  1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Very smooth and clean car! I like the silver from the back and black from the front look. If you weren't putting silver stripes on I'd say go with black corners and maybe a carbon fiber camaro badge on the fascia. After thinking about it and looking at it I would actually hate to see those stripes go on, seams to me like it would go against the entire car. If you go with the stripes something else has to change. If you put the stripes on I'd be interested to see how it comes out.

How is your car so damned clean? I mean damn look at the freakin gas tank! Is she a garage queen?
                    1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br />Whisper - K&N - N20 - Magnaflow muffler&Tips - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br />Stull Billet Grille - Limo tint - blackouts - Black or Red \"camaro\" piece - A-pillar cf a/f ratio - Greddy fuel press<br />Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

Very nice dude!
                      2 things, blackout the turn signals and taillights [img]smile.gif[/img]

What happened to your nose bowtie? DId you take it off? :D

The stripes will look awesome! I put black ones on my silver 97 and it's a new car :D
                      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Raven98RS:
                        How is your car so damned clean? I mean damn look at the freakin gas tank! Is she a garage queen?<hr></blockquote>

Nope. Though, now that I bought a Beater, most of my miles go on that.

I just rolled the car past 62,000 this week. I bought it with 52,000 roughly a year ago. I did have to drive it though the winter :( But, there wasn't much snow and salt, so it wasn't too bad. This winter its sitting nice and safe in the garage though [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the Stripes. I dunno, they are not on yet, partialy cuz I don't want to do it myself, and I can't find a place to have them done. Also, paritaly because I dunno if I want them on there or not. I'm Torn [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Very clean car bro- love the color- dont see many of them around-

As for the stripes, i can see how your on the fence about putting them on. Part me says dont do it, the paint looks too good. The other part of me says go for it- it will only make your ride look even more badass-

Keep it up bro! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                          -Justin-<br />Red 1996 Camaro RS- Wrecked 11-1-03...<br /><br />1991 Camaro RS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X