smoothie II's (8" or 10")???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoothie II's (8" or 10")???

I just ordered 4 smoothie II's (17" x 8"). Could I have gotten the 10" for all 4 or what? The guy on the phone said 10" wouldn't work on the front? He said 275/40/17 fits on the 17x8."
    2006 Tiburon

thats a little skinny, stock is 8.5 I believe. oh and I have 18x10.5 all around, so ya 17x10" will fit just fine.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

17x10 works... but isn't it too late to ask since u already ordered?

Comment

nah it's not too late. I'll give em a call and tell them i want the 17x10
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

stock is 8 flat
          2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

275's will be fine for the rear but you might run into rubbing issues with the front when you turn. If you want better performance get 10" rims for the rear and 8" for the front to reduce wheight and rotating mass. This would mean that you cant really rotate your tires though.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

8 in the front.

10 in the rear, never anymore that that.

I had 11's in the rear, nothing but trouble. They weigh much more, tires are expensive, and factor in $$ for changing the bump stops a few times a year.
              1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

YOu can run 275s all 4 corners no rub...

I have heard the same for 285s...

I suggest for a tire a rim that holds, 275/40/17 its a pretty "common" tire so its not hard to find and not jacked up in price.

And I honestly don't think its possible to put 275s on a 8" rim.

Not sure what kind of offset you need though for the front...

btw for what its worth the 10 spoke SS rims are 17X10s I believe. Zr1s are 17X9.5s and they all came factory on f-bodies.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I was able to change the order, 17x10's are on the way. The customer service at DiscountTireDirect.com is excellent, they didn't even charge me extra for upgrading to the 10".
                  2006 Tiburon

Comment

I have Boyds Shyster rims and they are 17 x 9.5. The smoothies are real nice too. If you dont know already make sure you DO NOT use any wheel cleaner on them cuz it will haze them terribly. Then you will spen all day waxing them to get the luster back. Use mothers polish on them to kepp the luster. Hope u like the rims bro.
                    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
                    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
                    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
                    www.vaperz.com
                    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Good choice on switching to the 10'' ones. I would have run a 8'' in the front just because of the weight but, you can run a 275/40/17 all around if you want. What kind of tires did you get?
                      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

For now I only had enough to buy the wheels. Once the weather gets nicer, maybe in two months or so, i'll get some tires. Any recommendations? 275/40/17 is what I was planning on getting. I'd like to stay away from Goodyear if I could (personal issues I have with the company).
                        2006 Tiburon

Comment

I have always like dunlop and falken. I am going with some flaken azenis pure sports but, they dont make them in a 275/40/17. I had the best luck on a dunlop SP9000 as far as a street tire goes.
                          2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

i like my GS-D3's good years.......

use mothers billet polish on them ;) wow do miine look like chorm now !!!
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

The rims came today [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] You guys weren't kidding, these things are pretty heavy lol
                              2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X