Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berger Panel on a NBM car?

So how do you guys think it will look?

Friend of mine, put one on his red SS, he liked it but it just doesn't look right, being the only black accent on his car. He is looking at a set of black stripes and maybe a set of wheels but by itself it looks out of place.

Either way he offered to slap it on my car for like a week and see what it looks like. So I figure its free to try out, why not. It'll be badd *** since it has a SS badge on it too [img]smile.gif[/img] So I can be a SS for a week.

you guys think it will look ok?
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Black tail panels rule! I just don't like the idea of riding around with SS emblems on a v6. Sorta asking to be laughed at when a real one pulls up and wants to test'ya.
    sigpic

Comment

i always liked the panel... but like you said, it helps to have some other black accents for everything to work. i have the SLP bowtie grille and the black berger panel with a red bowtie where "Z28" would go so the back and front are able to bookend the car.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
        Black tail panels rule! I just don't like the idea of riding around with SS emblems on a v6. Sorta asking to be laughed at when a real one pulls up and wants to test'ya.
        yeah I know but for a few days I coudl careless... just seeing how it looks if its worth looking for onemyself and making one.

People will fear my car with the Zr1s and SS badge on the back they will surely believe I have an SS...

Especially with the stock, single turd tailpipe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
          So how do you guys think it will look?
          If it don't look right on a red car, its still not going to look right on ur car. I've never liked the look of that black panel, it just doesn't match at ALL. On a Mustang, blacking out the rear between the tail dont look bad at all because of the design of that piece and how it is cut off at the taillamps and trunk. On a Camaro that piece just dont look right when it's black. It's like one of those people who replaced their fender with a differenct color one from the junk yard look. [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]
          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

They look good on white and silver cars, not on blue. I've tried to minimize any black-on-blue action on my car. It just won't look that great IMO.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Don't worry guys I kinda half agree with alot of your opinions and points but couldn't hurt to try out, its free [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would definitely try it and see how it looks, can't hurt. Keep in mind when you put it in that it will look ten times better with some silver inserts.
                -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

berger

i think it would look alright if the top half of the car was black. (like a t-top z28) if you put it on, i want to see it before you take it back off.
                  94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

best mod ive ever done to my car

But DO NOT forget the inserts. It ruins everything when people forget to put them in there! Will look great imo!!! go for it!
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99</a>

Comment

What you should do is try to get a panel like that in silver, then get some navy blue inserts that match your paint. That would look awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                        What you should do is try to get a panel like that in silver, then get some navy blue inserts that match your paint. That would look awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        That woudl look kinda sweet, too bad I knew someone partying out a silver car like a year ago, panel was good too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Probably wouldn't be too expensive to get one from a junked car and get it painted sebring silver metallic or something. If you shop around for a good paint shop then they will do it for cheap, then if you don't like the finish you can get it polished/buffed later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X