racing seats/seatbelt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing seats/seatbelt question

with racing seats similar to these, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

how would the seatbelts work if you didnt want to have the stupid 4 point harness ones? since there isnt a seat belt guide, wouldnt the seatbelt get in the way like on your neck?
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

It probably would be up higher seeing how you dont' have the guide, but I'm sure you could just add the guide if it's not a big deal to you.
    \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

i would not advise adding the guide if the seat is not made for it..if you were even in a low speed accident the guide would rip away from the the seat and snap right across your neck..the factory seats have mounts inside the seats for the guide..and a crapload of loctite on the screws that hold it in..if you're going to do this i would either make the seat for it..or just use a harness at all times
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

so there is no real way to use a regular seat belt with racing seats then? without having it be all up on your neck?
        Dave:
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

pretty much.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

bleh..
            Dave:
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

u could try disconnecting the seat belt at the door then run it through the opening in the head rest. just a thought
              no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

i could if i had the racing seats to try it with
                Dave:
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

buy lazy boy recliners and bolt'em on :D :D :D
                  99 WS6
                  13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                  tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

haha good plan
                    Dave:
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

when your talking about guid your talking about the part on the seat right. well for somereason my car didn't come with them and the seat belts sit just fine on me. It's only a pain close the seat belt falls in the door all the time when you take it off.
                      95 camaro 3.4 &lt; Jc whitney Exhaust, Chrome intake stage 2, Rk sport headers, msd dis-4, 160*thermo, Jet stage 2 chip, black racing stripes.<br /><br />91 Camaro rs 5.0 tbi gone but not forgoten

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X