Help please!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!!!!!

I know that to most of you this is a dumb question, but I just ordered 2 elec. gauges: water temp & oil pressure, and a dual pod. How hard is it to install these items? I have posted this in General and no1 responded and I did a search in the forum, but no help.

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Pewter99Camaro ]</p>
    Andrew

It's not very hard at all. Mount the pod: If it's an add on pod just cut the hole for the wires to go through and the holes to attach it, it's easiest to remove the pillar. If it's a whole pillar just remove the old one and replace with the new one. Mount the gauges in the pod: It's very simple directions will come with the gauges. Wire the gauges: You'll have to find power for the gauges, theres a number of ways to do this. You'll also have to find a gound, again theres a number of ways to do this. Then you'll have to get the signal to your gauges. For the water temp you'll probably just have to find a wire going to the pcm and splice into it, finding the right wire can be a pain. For the oil pressure I'm not sure if thats info going to the pcm or not, if it is you'll do the same; just splice into a certain wire. If not you should have some sort of sending unit that you'll have to install and run the wire into the gauge. The hardest part is running wires across your dash which with a little imagination can be done. Once your done just bolt it all back up and enjoy :cool:
    1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br />Whisper - K&N - N20 - Magnaflow muffler&Tips - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br />Stull Billet Grille - Limo tint - blackouts - Black or Red \"camaro\" piece - A-pillar cf a/f ratio - Greddy fuel press<br />Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X