How do you remove a GM decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove a GM decal?

I just ordered a white decal from Scott and it will go between the tail lights of my bird. My question, how do you remove those GM decals without damaging the plastic panel?

Thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

From what I hear its REALLY hard to do, Can't you just put the decal over it??
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

It is etched in and painted over, even if you remove the paint there will still be raised letters there. The best way to remove the paint is mineral spirits, paint thinner will dull the plastic and it will look crappy. Make sure you rub the decal down good over the etched letters and you will be fine :D Here is a pic of mine

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: RedbirdV6 ]</p>
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        1 day ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X