Removing sticky stuff from dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing sticky stuff from dash

I finally got around to ordering the correct mount for my gps. Originally it came with a suction cup mount that goes on the windshield. But the police are *****y about that.. So for a few months I've had it mounted directly in front of a the center vent on my dash with double sided tape (Gray stuff used for mounting small things to brick and junk).

For xmas I got one of those xm radio units with no spot to put it because of the gps. So long story short. I'm worried that removing the gps and tape will either mark up my dash or leave a bunch of residue that will be hard to remove. Whats my best option?
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

Goo gone- will remove the sticky crap really easy.. it just rubs right off, that's what I would do.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

x2 for Goo-Gone. Works on just about everything.

Comment

test it first. goo-gone uses chemicals that can seriously mess **** up. my friend used goof-of [the off brand] and it turned his dash white! make sure to test in an inconspicuous area first!
        Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

definatley test it, i know sometimes alcohol prep pads can also remove the color from some dash panels.. but i have used goo gone on my car and fortunatley nothing happened.
          good luck
          *Matt

Comment

I'll order some and give it a shot. Kinda nervous about it discoloring the dash in such an open area. I regret using the tape. But I had just moved here and the gps was essential. Still is sadly. I was considering alcohol but thats not sounding too great at the moment..

Comment

You can pick up goo-gone just about anywhere...
              Ei... wal mart
              *Matt

Comment

Actually I just saw some earlier today and picked it up. Now I'm just waiting for that mount to arrive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X