lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering

hey i just ordered a pair of 1.4 lowering springs and i have 16 inch rims and i was wondering would i have any clearance issues

no, youre fine. i have 17s and havent a problem. as long as your talking about stock 16s
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

no american racing hopsters

Comment

they do stick out of the fender wells a little

Comment

Well, 16 or 17 dosnt matter, its how tall the tire is overall, for example a 245-50-16 is pretty much the same as a 275-40-17, I have both out in garage and did a tape test.

What I would be worried about is if the tire sticks out the wheelwell, whats the distance from the top of the tread now to the body?

I would want at least 2.4 inches or more. loseing 1.4 inches would only leave you one inch of clearance & that would be cutting it way to close for me with the tires sticking out. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

It should be fine i have stock 16's and my car is lowered 1.75 inches [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5</a> <br />pacesetter hi-flo cat, slp loudmouth 2 w/3.5 slash tips<br />Springtech lowering springs 1.75 drop<br />Hurst sts w/ short-throw stick<br />Not yet installed-pacesetter headers<br />Zexel-torson lsd<br />3.73\'s

Comment

But he said the wheels stick out of the wheel well. Must have spacers or something. 9camaro69 are yours inside the wheel well?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                2 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X