DRLs, anyone know about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRLs, anyone know about...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this...?

I'm trying to get my headlights to stay off unless I actually turn the switch on...but I want just the fog lights,marker lights, and halos (I have black halo headlights) to run together...how can I do this???
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

I cut the wires to the light sensor out in my dash board. Now my drl's are always on unless I turn the knob.

Although, I did tape the wire to the underside of the dash, just incase I needed to put them back together.
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

You can change the lower driving lamps to actual yellow fog
      light by adding a yellow lens and from the underside of the
      front of the car, put it in front of the lens of the lamp.
      You can buy two for just $5 at parts-express.com, part no. 243-091. I have done it on my 2000 camaro and it works fine.
      Phil

Comment

You can buy two for just $5 at parts-express.com, part no. 243-091. I have done it on my 2000 camaro and it works fine.
        Umm, I didn't ask anything about a yellow fog light, lol... maybe I worded the question wrong...I meant, how can the automatic headlight become disabled??? Anyone else have halos that could possibly help?
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

like said by shock core, cut the wires, look on your dash where the vents are, you can either lift that up where the seam is and snip the wire, or pull your radio to go in from underneath, snip the wire, add some extensions and a switch like I did. Then if you want to use the autoheadlights, flip the switch to auto and they'll work like factory or switch it the other way and the car will think it's daylight. As for your halos and fog's and markers, all that you stated come on when you turn you headlight switch one click (parking lights) in order to make your halos come on with your parking lights - easiest way is ground them out and run a wire down to the positive wire from your foglights and wire tap it off of there. Then if you wish to get more creative, you can always hard wire the halos to a switch or wire them to your alarm system so they come on either with your alarm whilst the car is parked during day/night or to just a switch so you can turn them on at will at night or whenever you want to leave them on, and dont worry about your battery the leds in the halos will run for years off your cars battery. MIght be something you wanna look into.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

what color is the wire that i'm sposed to cut??? I'm not too good with electrical work...I have the halos wired up with the fog lights already...now what about adding a switch to take away the auto daylight headlight so just the halos markers, and fogs are on?

Comment

Yeah what color is the wire and is it labeled? Can you give a more detailed procedure? Thank you!
              \'98 Camaro

Comment

just cut one of the wires that is attached to the light sensor. It doesn't matter which one because all your need to do is break the circut.
                99 WS6
                13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

so just cut it and that's it?? no more?? Sorry, but I just want to be TOTALLY sure before I CUT WIRES, LoL...So just cut one and my auto headlights won't come on??

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs:
                    so just cut it and that's it?? no more?? Sorry, but I just want to be TOTALLY sure before I CUT WIRES, LoL...So just cut one and my auto headlights won't come on??
                    yes just cut one, like said all you have to do is break the circuit. here
                    found this here: http://members.tripod.com/bpador/modinstruction.html
                    Disable Auto Head Light and Day Running Lights

Disabling the Day Running lights and the Auto Headlight on feature is quite an easy mod and can be reversed just as easy. This mod takes approx. 10 min. and all the tools needed are a socket set.

1. Lift the trim plate from around the radio and climate control panel. No tools are needed as it is held on by pressure clips. Set it aside.
                    2. Take out the four hex screws holding in the radio in. (Note) You don’t need to disconnect the battery for this operation BUT if you do, make sure you know the code for your radio if it is enabled. You will need it to ensure your radio operates after putting it back in.
                    3. Move the radio aside and look into the dash. In the upper right corner on the firewall you will see a small black box with two wire harnesses attached to it (about the size of a pack of camels).
                    4. Lift the box in an upward motion, it’s on a slide clip. Bring the box out of the dash, there is plenty of wire to manage easily. Disconnect the wire harness with the BLUE wire in it, just let it hang out of the way. THAT’S IT!
                    5. Re-install the wire box, radio and faceplate.
                    this way you dont have to cut anything, but you will lose your drl's

05' CTS-V

Comment

Thanks man ill try it

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                        this way you dont have to cut anything, but you will lose your drl's [/QB][/QUOTE]

So my side "ambers" will not work at all? or just dont come on automaticaly?

Comment

they just wont come on automatically.

05' CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6:
                            Dude, i have been thinking to change my fog light to yellow...thanks for the great info...i was actually gonna spend $20 on a yellow bulb...but i am not sure what would look good..yellow , blue or purple ..any pics anyone.....thanks
                            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6:
                              Dude, i have been thinking to change my fog light to yellow...thanks for the great info...i was actually gonna spend $20 on a yellow bulb...but i am not sure what would look good..yellow , blue or purple ..any pics anyone.....thanks </font>[/QUOTE]I wouldn't do blue, should be a good way to get pulled over. Blue lights = illegal in most states (if not all)
                              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                6 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X