I call em "road scars"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call em "road scars"

I'm sure everybody's had a problem with this. "Road scars." That is, the little white chips you get on a nice black car on the front bumper. I mean it is 8 years old, so I guess it's about time to fix her up.

I need to either do this myself or have a shop do it, but I want to get my bumper touched up. I'm sick of having little white flecks all over it. And they're also on my headlight covers too but thats from when they fell off a table in my garage. I'm stupid not to have put towels down. After I get these touched up I'd like to get it detailed (one of those nice 200 dollar jobs) and have it look like new. I need to revive my car for after the harsh Maine winter for my big move down to North Carolina. I don't want signs of winter age on it when I move and no longer have to worry about poor traction or salt damage.

So what do you guys reccomend? Should I do this using some walmart touch up paint or do you think the job could be done reasonably cheap while maintaing professional results? It's nothing major, just paint chips in the front. I bet even maaco could do it if I paid them enough but I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

you could try the mothers clay bar kit. it sort of helped my polo green metallic front nose. its like 17 bux for the kit and then buy some glaze and wax and it should hid alot of those chips in the paint....i bought some green touch up paint from walmart and it also helped but the stuff fades a after several washes if you dont put a coat of wax on top of it right of way.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
      Good to see the site is back up
      by 2.8 Bird
      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
      3 days ago
    • FirebirdGT
      New Site Hosting Issues
      by FirebirdGT
      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X