Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Paint !

Chrome Paint
    Seen it with my own two eyes. Had a few to drink, but sober enough to realize that it looked awesome! One of my co-workers friends in Allentown PA painted (chromed) some vents and other accents in his 72 Olds 442 with this stuff. He even did a piece of leather from an old seat he had lying around.
    sigpic

i couldn't get that to come up, but i have seen chrome paint out for a long time. I was actually going to use some to paint a few things..

This must be something else, more like plating or high end stuff i'm guessing. There site is down.
    97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

I wouldn't paint my entire car with it - it would look terrbile and be a PITA to clean. You could use it as accents though, why not.

Comment

Woah, check out the custom paint section. You can do candy and chrome... cooollll
        <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

ive used chrome spray paint. makes everyting look like raw aluminum
          The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

whats next? chrome house maybe with chrome grass and chrome trees.
            -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

OH jesus...I cant imagine that..."I'll be there later man I gotta go windex my car...."

bahahaha
              1997 Camaro 3.8 Liter A4- Y87 package,RKsport ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster 80\'s 2.5\'\' catback, 3\'\' Magnaflow High Flow Cat, K&N FIPK intake, SS hood, 17x9.5 chrome Zr1 rims, more to come....

Comment

Originally posted by Yaba3800:
                ive used chrome spray paint. makes everyting look like raw aluminum
                This is definately not the same stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

That's really cool. I took a look at the price though, and almost fell out of the chair..$150 for 8 oz.?? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] $1200 for a gallon?? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                  <b>2000 Camaro M5</b><br /><i>Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />B&M Ripper shifter<br />Zexel LSD<br />B&B Catback<br />Polished Engine Components, Polished Calipers<br />SFCs</i>

Comment

Hmmm. I used Tinfoil on my hood inserts, 94 Camaro, looks goood to me. Just have to rub it in. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Bling bling!!!!

[img]http://www.borgps.com/chromem3/***_img.jpg[/img]
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

ugh thats gross. its like a big mirror.
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

supposedly up close and personal with that BMW, the paint quality is ****ty.
                          \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

my local auto zone has had chrome spray paint for a while now. last year me and my brother got some just for fun. and painted my bmx bike with it ( i dont use it i cracked the frame and lost interest when i got the car. ) and it looked really good considering its spray paint and we didnt prime just sand and spray. but after a little ride around the block it started cracking and chipping.cool stuff though,
                            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

A chrome-painted car would reflect so much light it might be a hazard on the road. I think it would blind other drivers in high sunlight. It's unique, I'll give it that.
                              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X