No announcement yet.

indiglo gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha cheap, but effective. I'm totally novice at this sort of thing - do you think I would have an ok time installing it if I were to buy them? They look so cool and the pontiac red leds just look like hell.

Sidenote: I really dont like white face gauges. Do they make them in black but still indiglo?

[ July 19, 2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Gallstaff ]

Comment

no black - but silver is aviable ;)
      <i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Comment

Got a linky?

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat_of_94:
          i just got my gauge in the mail today and the install instructions seem a little vague. anyone installed one like this?:
          only difference is mine is for a 93-97 V6 and goes up to 125 mph not 115 mph. if so, is the install straighforward or is there anything that may be a pain or is there any way to screw this up? i don't want to install this thing wrong and mess my gauges up. any instructions for the install that may be a little clearer? and more specific? or are is the install just that simple? and since i need to get the speedometer changed for the 125 mph gauge should i just take it to someone so they can install it and recalibrate it at the same time?
          Isn't the oil psi, temp gauge, also different?

Originally posted by Gallstaff:
          So when you're installing it what do you do with the leds behind your stock gauge face?
          It's kinda like a face that goes over the original gauges, no leds unless you purchase them separtely and install them whil you have the gauges off.
          btw you DON'T need to remove the needles, and I suggest you don't either, cuz then is sucks to put them back on and they don't read right.
          ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

is there a link?? i have 99 camaro I want one [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5</a> <br />pacesetter hi-flo cat, slp loudmouth 2 w/3.5 slash tips<br />Springtech lowering springs 1.75 drop<br />Hurst sts w/ short-throw stick<br />Not yet installed-pacesetter headers<br />Zexel-torson lsd<br />3.73\'s

Comment

Pontiac Nino, I'm sort of confused. I understand that the indiglo lays right over the stock face, but are yous aying that if I were to get an indiglo gauge, NO red would come through at all? Even if I ordered one that illuminates blue?

And does anybody have a link to one similar to the above ones we saw but 120 for the firebird and not white faced?

[ July 23, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Gallstaff ]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                Originally posted by Heartbeat_of_94:
                [qb] i just got my gauge in the mail today and the install instructions seem a little vague. anyone installed one like this?:
                only difference is mine is for a 93-97 V6 and goes up to 125 mph not 115 mph. if so, is the install straighforward or is there anything that may be a pain or is there any way to screw this up? i don't want to install this thing wrong and mess my gauges up. any instructions for the install that may be a little clearer? and more specific? or are is the install just that simple? and since i need to get the speedometer changed for the 125 mph gauge should i just take it to someone so they can install it and recalibrate it at the same time?
                Isn't the oil psi, temp gauge, also different?

not that i can tell. i checked the gauge before installing and it lined up and looked exactly the same as the stock one. the only difference i saw when comparing the two was the mph.

and btw i got mine installed...didn't take too long. the biggest problem i had was figuring out how to hook it up but i finally got it.
                1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Does anybody know where I can find those for a '98. I've looked everyone but cant find one. Or would it be possible to buy the 150mph and just recalibrate it? If thats the case how could I get it recalibrated?
                  \'98 Camaro <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/654550\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/654550</a>

Comment

you cant get all this stuff on ebay. like pages of this stuff for v6s and v8s
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Is that a typo? Did you mean to say we CAN get it on ebay?

Comment

how are you guys using the 150 mph one? anyone have a link for a 97-02 white face? doesnt even matter if its indiglo i just want white, but not the vinyl ones.
                        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by Gallstaff:
                          Is that a typo? Did you mean to say we CAN get it on ebay?
                          yes it was a typo
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ok cause I checked on ebay and can't find ONE that I like for my 98 bird - does anybody have any good links for a 120 mile speedo for the 97+ that ISNT white faced?

Comment

I just got the indiglo gauges off of ebay and, surprise surprise, there are no instructions. I got the gauge cluster out just fine and the overlay is on just like it should be. Just one problem. It came with a box that has some wires sticking out that are supposed to hook to something for power. But I have no clue where they're supposed to go to. Anyone know?

Comment

It took a while, but I got it figured out and wired properly.

For those that might get into the same situation, here's how it wires up.

Pull off the light controller and, behind the knob, run the red wire to the brown one and the black wire to the black one. Simple job and looks great in the end.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                                  Exploding starters
                                  by Kubes
                                  Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                                  i bought this car a couple...
                                  1 week ago
                                • 2.8 Bird
                                  Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                                  by 2.8 Bird
                                  It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Found some led reverse bulbs
                                  by ssms5411
                                  My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • Fruitgrower231
                                  Having some electrical issues
                                  by Fruitgrower231
                                  95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X