3-piece RS spoiler install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-piece RS spoiler install

I just got my RS spoiler today and it appears that holes will need to be drilled in the rear fenders to bolt on the two side pieces. The middle piece is already attached because I got it used off Ebay and it included the stock spoiler. I figure the middle will be the easy part of the install, but the sides could be a bit tricky with the drilling. If anyone else has done this installation could you give me any tips/advice? Thanks in advance for your help.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

I had mine painted and put on by a shop for very little money...

but that doesn't help you..
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Instead of drilling, you should try to remove the bolts from the spoiler and use a good/strong 2 sided tape to stick it to the body (like 3M tape).

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

I know the spoilers are often installed with tape, but anything taped to your car will eventually wear off. I say do it right and install it with the screws.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

It's been about 2 years since I did mine.
          It wasn't easy puttin' the drill to my new car w/50 miles on it.
          I made alot of carefull measurments, put down some masking tape, test fitted, and adjusted the holes till it looked right.
          Use the GM washer nuts w/sealer built in.
          2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

well it's on there now

Putting the middle section on was pretty easy. I used a coat hanger to feed through the brake light wires. On the side pieces we put some ink on the bolts and then lined it up and touched it against the car to mark where the holes go, and then drilled away. That was tough to watch, but I wont be taking the spoiler off so it doesn't really matter anyway. It looks great I love the look of the RS spoiler with the ground effects. :cool:

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Sean37 ]</p>
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X