Front speaker grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front speaker grills

Okay so I'm working on removing some of my interior trim for some custom paint. I managed to remove the rear speaker grills because they have simple tabs holding them on. But the front ones will not come off. Do I have to remove the whole panel just to get the grills off? Second question is, under the grills there is a thin layer of gray paper, looks like its there so you can't see behind the grill, should I find a way to remove this before painting?
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

The front speaker grills must be removed by first taking off the entire interior door panel. There are some screws and clips holding it on. Locate them...and remove [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

mine were sort of melted on to where they dont come off i found that out the hard way
      02 Red Camaro<br />15.176@92.30

Comment

I dont know if anyone has this problem too. The front speaker grills have this cardboard cover around the outside edge. This cardboard overlaps a little onto the inner portion of the grill space so If you have a component set of speakers in your car, they will develop a little push in on the side of the rubber surrounds.

Comment

I did NOT have to take my entire door off to get the front grills out. They have 3 tabs and with a small screwdriver you can pop them out by prying. My back speaker covers were the PITA. I removed the felt behind the speaker covers so it would be easier to paint and handle and replaced with some black cloth.

GreenPunisher has a 97
          Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

I have a 99 Camaro and my front speaker grilles were melted onto the door panel by the factory in addition to having the snap tabs. So I DID have to take my door panel off to get to my speakers and grilles. Now, if I were to cut the melted pieces off I could have them snap in like you did but I would have to first remove the door panel to get to those melted on pieces. I would not go all out with a screwdriver on the grilles. Break one and your sure to curse yourself more than you would if you were to just take the door panel off and look. Once you find out, make note of what you have and then you will know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X