i need some stickers to go in engine bay - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need some stickers to go in engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some stickers to go in engine bay

i was thinkin some NOS stickers would be cool :rolleyes:

serioulsy though..i took off the emission sticker and belt diaghram off the right shock tower..well looks like GM put those stickers on there when the paint was wet. so now i have a a nasty 2 inch tall and 6 inch long eye sore in my engine bay..my engine bay is clean as when it was showroom new and this sucks a big one.

so i need something to go over the place where the old stickers went..i was thinkin of some chevy racing or something but this thing is nasty..

here's a pic..let me know people..i need to get something over these marks..they are horrible and my car is goin into a car show next weekend :(

How about a quick paint job? It'd probably look better than any sticker being put there.
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

yeah well the best i can do with a paint job is some touch up paint. What i was thinkin is i could get some stickers or something and cover up as much of that as i could.then use touch up paint to cover the rest..which wouldnt be that much..

or i could get a sticker custom made to cover the whole area...same size as before just with whatever i wanted on it.

or i could get a mobil 1 sticker that is about that size..However i dont use mobile 1 in my motor

come on people i need some advice here

Comment

I got some GM paint in a spray can and I actually got it to look VERY nice. I repainted most of my engine bay. I will eventually do it all. The key is to spray very little at a time. Let it stay for a day and respray again.

Comment

hey DOM where can i get this stuff? i hope Navy blue Metallic is available

id much rather do that than get stickers

Jeff W

Comment

i don't know how the entire engine bay of a 98+ camaro looks like but towards the front there is a metal flat bar type thingy about 3 inches wide (right above and behind where the windshield washer fluid goes on a 96) and i bought a kit (for $10) of the rear inserts that said CAMARO of couse and carefully put it there...

so whenever you open the hood you see CAMARO! in front of u!
            i'll post some pix if i can tomorrow
            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
              hey DOM where can i get this stuff? i hope Navy blue Metallic is available

id much rather do that than get stickers

Jeff W
              <hr></blockquote>

PepBoys. They actually have GM paint among regular paint. $3 a can or so. 1 can is plenty.

Comment

well unfortunantly they didnt have my color. :( so i got the closest thing i could..which was Dark Blue. however it didnt get very dark when i sprayed it on the car. i could paint a piece of paper and it would get very dark to the color that i needed. But i but about 15 coats on it and its not dark yet..

hmm

Jeff W

Comment

go to your local gm dealarship and ask for some touchup paint. I dont know if they would charge you, i have friends that work there so i didnt pay, but its a small bottle of it, and it IS the paint that is on your car. I have the same color as you and cant notice where i used the touchup paint. I say you do that. =)

good luck [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X