My cleat coat is flaking off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cleat coat is flaking off!!!

The clear coat on my car is flaking in several areas! I was wondering if this could be repaired without the need a professional? Can I just apply new clear coat? Do I need to wetsand it first? What kind of clear coat to use??

Thanks for any help in advance!!
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Mine was chipping off too.. all around the body panels. Quick fix: run pinstriping over it. Otherwise, I believe it would have to be wet sanded and recleared.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I have a buddy thats a painter, and this is what he told me.

The most common reason that cars 3+ years old look bad is because of what they were bought with new. When buying the car, did wither of you pay the extra $100+ to have sealent/polyglycoat, or anything else sprayed on your cars paint? It so, thats it. Because paint breathes, when they spray that stuff on it it begins to slowly "choke" the paint, which usually results in the peeling of the clearcoat.

Other that that, they could just be rock chips that have taken over your lower fenders.
      2001 3.8l<br />Monsoon 500 watt<br />Automatic tranny<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X