No announcement yet.

neon underbody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>EternalVertigo as for the whole rice topic. i dont care what people do to their cars. rice to me is the driver thinking the car is faster than it is. some people just go for looks and know their car isnt fast and im fine with that. i say do whatever you want to your car just dont say its something its not.<hr></blockquote>

Exactly... I'm the same way, people can say all they want, but what it really comes down to is what you like. It's hard to agree on the same thing. Personally I think neons look awesome and I wanna put some under mine. So my question is, having an all white car, the neon color isn't gonna make much of a difference would it? And where should I get the kit? Are one's from like Pep Boys and whatnot decent? Should I grab one off ebay? or any other suggestions?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WhiteLightning:

Exactly... I'm the same way, people can say all they want, but what it really comes down to is what you like. It's hard to agree on the same thing. Personally I think neons look awesome and I wanna put some under mine. So my question is, having an all white car, the neon color isn't gonna make much of a difference would it? And where should I get the kit? Are one's from like Pep Boys and whatnot decent? Should I grab one off ebay? or any other suggestions?
      <hr></blockquote>

DO NOT buy a neon underbody kit from Pep Boys..ughh..

Streetglow Gold Series would be your best bet. you can get one off of eBay for about $150.
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rjor27:
        Im not trying to start a argument or anything but i think neons are one of the uhh.. riciest things you can do to your car. Particularly when you put a different color neon then what color your car is. Not trying to make any enemys but if thats not ricey than what is?<hr></blockquote>

I really don't know how to tell you this, but underbody neons have been around a lot longer than the rice movement.

Neons can be tacky if they aren't done right. Just don't over do it, and you'll be fine.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
          I really don't know how to tell you this, but underbody neons have been around a lot longer than the rice movement.

Neons can be tacky if they aren't done right. Just don't over do it, and you'll be fine.
          <hr></blockquote>

I so agree, I was just about to write that myself. Underbody neons have been around for many years and were first used for show cars and trucks, not for POS ricers. Neons on an import make the car look more like rice, but neons on a F-Body (done tastefully) done even hint rice, they just look plain old SWEET [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          98 White T-Top Firebird<br />w/ the crome 5 star rims<br />FRA, Smoothed stock lid,<br />Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WhiteLightning:

<hr></blockquote>

since you have a white car, any color would look good under it. my suggestion would be to get a plasmaglow color changing LED underbody. you can change the color of it. it has like 8 colors i think. great if you have a car that anything would look good under. the downfall is they are about 300 bucks but worth it. i suggest www.oznium.com for the PG underbody kit.

Comment

i've got a 98 sc.. same color as dmiller's.. i bought a blue underbody kit. looks great, get attention, and i installed switched in the plave where the ashtray is. i to off the ashtray top and expoxied a cover over it and drilled holes. sprayed it with wrinkle paint. installed two aluminum switches that have LED's in the tip so i can remember that they're turned on. i also got some blue healight strobes that look really good with the underbody kit. but if you get multiple neons of the same color, be sure to get em te same brand or they may not match. and your bulbs will not show if you put em in the right place. the rear bulb has to be put up high in the bumper but it's easy to do.
              peace
              john
              1998 Silver T-Tops Camaro, 3.8 5 Speed<br />Mods: VFN Fiberglass Stingray Hood, Whisper Lid, Free ram air mod, 3\" I-Pipe to Flowmaster 80 to dual 3\" Hooker dual tips, 160 degree thermo...too much to list <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461</a>

Comment

i had a neon underbody kit for my camaro for the longest time, but i didn't have ground effects, and the bulbs hung low so u could see them. consequently, i didn't use them much... i got tired of this and came up w/ a way to hide the bulbs: i covered the outside part that was visisble with 3/4' black wire loom. i fastened it in place with some conduit ties and its worked perfectly and looked great ever since. :D

Comment

i'd get em if I had GFX [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X