restoring old paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoring old paint

i have a 97 camaro rs. i just washed it today, and noticed that there is pine sap all over my hood and there are chips here and there.

what do you all recommend to bring this 5yr old paint back to life. i really want my car to shine.
    97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

I'm on the same boat... My 96 has chips all over the hood, care of the friendly neighborhood CAT. :mad: :mad:
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

get ready for the flood of Zaino comments :rolleyes:

i would suggest gettin a clay bar for the sap and then tryin the complete meguairs process..cleaner, polish, gold class my car is very shiney wnad im goin into a car show this weekend so i will get to compare with zaino for the first time

good luck...others here are more knowledgeable than me but my car looks damn good..

Jeff W

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
        i would suggest gettin a clay bar for the sap and then tryin the complete meguairs process..cleaner, polish, gold class my car is very shiney wnad im goin into a car show this weekend so i will get to compare with zaino for the first time
        <hr></blockquote>

I also highly recomend the 3 step process with gold class wax and a clay bar. It will bring out the 'good' paint underneath and make it very shiny on an older car like yours.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
        Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

Comment

is it really bad? i have used 3m's fine cut polishing/rubbing compound to good result on the 9 year old paint job on my truck. clay bar wasnt enough. you need to be careful though you are just trying to clean/polish the top layer not remove it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X