Where to go for paint job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go for paint job?

Have any of you guys ever used Maaco?? I need to know if they do decent work? I plan on going from green to silver. The price for this is $600. What do you think?
    2000 Camaro Z/28

no, do not go to macco. my friend brought his car there and the paint sucks. They had tons of overspray and it chipped after a few days. Always remember you get what you pay for. A good paint job will cost you about 3,000

Comment

I had a bodyshop down here in houston do it. It's where I take my car to get the emissions check up and all, and my family has been a customer there for over 20 years. Just check around, make sure they do a good prep job, cause that's what makes the paint good or bad.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

ues I do agree, macco doesnt do a very good job. I had a friend that got his car painted there and about a month later is started peeling off. Like a rubber skin, it just peeled back and off. Go to a collision repair place. They normally have real cheap paint, but that I mean 2-4k range.

Comment

I went to maaco on my last car, looked good until it faded because it had no clearcoat. Make sure they put a clearcoat on.

Comment

when macco quotes you they don't quote jams that would suck
            My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Yeah, this price includes door jams, and under the hood. I get a 30% military discount off of the regular price. they clearcoat it also.. I don't think they do the prep work though. so I'm gonna probably go with someone else..
              2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Under any circumstances do not go to Maaco. I took my firebird there to get painted bright red...got it back the first time and they oversprayed everywhere, missed spots, the 2 holes they filled and painted where the police antenna's use to be looked like crap, there were air bubbles in the paint. We took it back and it has been there almost 3 weeks and they havn't even started it yet. DO NOT GO TO MAACO!!!!
                2000 Navy Blue Metallic WS-6<br />Stock for now.

Comment

Thanks guys.. Maaco is off my list.
                  2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X