Poll: WS6 hood vs. Raptor vs. Ram Air H.O.? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: WS6 hood vs. Raptor vs. Ram Air H.O.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: WS6 hood vs. Raptor vs. Ram Air H.O.?

which hood do you guys think looks the best? I'm tryin to figure out which hodd I'm gonna wanna get for my car. I'll also be adding Ta rear wing(no Ta graphics or emblems though), a Wings West Body kit, and a Street Glow turquoise blue underbody neon kit.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

of the hoods I like the raptor better,but I think cowl hoods look good on firebirds,and not a lot of people have those on firebirds

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: wolf ]</p>
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

I love the HO, that's what I'll be getting as soon as I win the lottery.

AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
        I love the HO, that's what I'll be getting as soon as I win the lottery.

<hr></blockquote>

Hey! That's my black Firebird! I miss her sometimes :( . I really did like that hood, it looked awesome and I got many compliments on it. However that hood got damaged by the shipping company when I went to sell it :mad: .
        ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

Doh! Yeah I emailed you asking for pics [img]smile.gif[/img]
          AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

I haven't seen any cowl-induction hoods for 98+ firebirds. The only things that come close are the heat extractors that you can have put on the WS6 and Raptor hoods. I'm stuck between the Ram Air H.O. and raptor hoods right now. still can't pick.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Go with the Ho ;)

If you ever seen it in real life you'd know, the HO looks so much more muscular.

Just be warned SLP has really ****ty customer service and parts are often back ordered.

Comment

I agree go with the H.O., that will look sweet.
                1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

I don't like the H.O. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry to be the one that disagrees...

I like the raptor & ws6 about equal, I would want to see a raptor in person before I bought it.

I like mecham's the best really, but I have heard bad stuff about quality from them. www.mechamperformance.com if you would like to see it, maybe even take the plunge. I'm going to at least look into that hood before I buy aftermarket.

The H.O., to me, doesn't follow the lines of the rest of the car, looks unnatural I think.

Later
                  2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Definately the Raptor over the H.O. Id take a stock WS6 hood over both tho.

Comment

Yeh i have to second the mecham that is one BADD A$$ hood i hate everything else from them but i love that hood my second would be the HO!! :D
                      AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Hey Patrick it would be trick as hell if ya had custom 'glass shaker hood,like what the T/A's had in the '70s
                        Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by whtefbrd96:
                          Yeh i have to second the mecham that is one BADD A$$ hood i hate everything else from them but i love that hood my second would be the HO!! :D <hr></blockquote>

I agree with ya there.. when I get a new one, that's the one I'm getting..

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
                          Best(s): Coming soon
                          99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
                          Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

From every car I have ever seen with the Mecham hood, the hood has a terrible fit and even with work done to it it still wont fit right.

Personally I say go fot the WS6 hood (I'm slightly biased) and second would be the H.O.

Gerry
                            <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X