Hood Struts for Aftermarket Hood???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Struts for Aftermarket Hood???

My SS hood on my Z is so light that I have to be extremely careful shutting it or I chance snapping it in half. The stock struts are way to strong. I called a local GM dealer and they said they only offer the same struts I have, they said they come on all the Camaros. I called some auto parts store and got the same response. Does anyone know where to get some weaker ones. Thanks
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

get some used ones.. :shrugs:
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

lol, mine are stock on the 95 and they are very hard to push down still yet. I almost shat myself trying to push them down. BTW, it's a suncosast creation hood, I got it used, I was wondering if maybe they sent out new hood struts with their hoods???
      1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Just close your hood by the latch. Grab a hold of that then when it starts to come down by itself move your hand and let it slam itself shut. Its better on all f-body hoods if you use that technique. If you close the hood by grabbing on to the sides/top you have a good chance of bending it because our hoods or so oddly shaped and long compared to other designs.
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

im guessing you have a fiberglass hood? some weaker shocks would definitely be in your best interest. i have no idea whered you find them though.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by O2Bsogood:
            lol, mine are stock on the 95 and they are very hard to push down still yet. I almost shat myself trying to push them down. BTW, it's a suncosast creation hood, I got it used, I was wondering if maybe they sent out new hood struts with their hoods???<hr></blockquote>

Yes they did, call suncoast and see if maybe you can buy them from them. Whoever gave you the hood probably wasn't thinking. They should have given you the struts too.
            - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by O2Bsogood:
              lol, mine are stock on the 95 and they are very hard to push down still yet. I almost shat myself trying to push them down. BTW, it's a suncosast creation hood, I got it used, I was wondering if maybe they sent out new hood struts with their hoods???<hr></blockquote>

Yes they did, call suncoast and see if maybe you can buy them from them. Whoever gave you the hood probably wasn't thinking. They should have given you the struts too.
              - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

I just bought a used fiberglass hood, ... maybe I'll just ditch the shocks altogether and go with a prop rod. Problems?
                -Rob
                <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

email me, i think i still have my suncoast ones. Ill check friday afternoon,
                  - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

I bought one from APM in florida and it came with a hood prop, worked like a charm, but the hood was designed for it...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X