T-Top conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Top conversion question

I was wondering how much fiberglass or bondo fabrication did you guys have to do? I was just curious after looking at the pictures on how to do it.

thanks

I'm starting my project first thing in the morning.. I've done a lot of reading and browsing.. And from what I can tell, from the pictures that I've seen.. They've only bondoed the corners where the t-top brackets are mounted. That's where most of the cutting and shaping of the channel for the weatherstripping is done.
    2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

The bondo work was done in just the corners, above where the brackets mount, to smooth out the area where the weatherstripping goes....

This was after the first layer... I didn't take pics after the sanding, and layer 2 & 3, and round 2 and 3 of sanding.

The front 2 corners have a bigger area... but the rear corners are harder to get access to good bondo coverage.

Here's what it looks like completed, close up....

I probably could have done a better job finishing it.... but I don't really have the skill & patience to do it....

The 2 5/16" holes in the front middle of the t-top area were filled with 2 $0.34 body plugs from the local hardware store... I wouldn't recommend bondo-ing those up.

-Mike

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: MTMike ]</p>
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X