Clay bar !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bar !!!!

Man spent the best $15 and 4 hours of my life today. I washed clay barred and then waxed my car !!!!! WEWWW it have never looked so good in its life....... looks so good i didnt even wanna drive when i got finished cause it was dark and the bugs are BAD at night around here ( i know i know thats pathetic).. So i will wait till tomorow to go and show her off !!!!!! if you havent done this and you have $15 and about 4 hours DOOOOOO IT!!!!! you will NOT be disapointed. I used the mothers caly bar kit it had the clay bad the quick detailer( lubricant for bar) and the was to finish w/!!! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] :D
    AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Another good way to clay bar is after washing/rinsing, dip the clay bar in the the left over water & clay the car. Would need to do this on a cool afternoon though. Clay sections & then dry off.

And I agree, it is time very, very, very well spent.
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strobhen:
      Another good way to clay bar is after washing/rinsing, dip the clay bar in the the left over water & clay the car. Would need to do this on a cool afternoon though. Clay sections & then dry off.

And I agree, it is time very, very, very well spent.
      <hr></blockquote>

Actually, spraying water/soap mix on the car is the best way to do it. If you dip the bar into the water, then over time it will begin to break up. I'm not sure why water does this (maybe because it is clay!), but keep your clay away from it.
      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I agree that clay bar is one of the best things you could do to your car appearence wise. Even when it's relatively dirty for a very long time you can still see it shining like crazy under everything else. And every time you wax it afterwards it looks almost as good as the day you claybared it. I think everyone should do this. I couldn't help but fluffy dance after I saw the results [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] (my first fluffy usage!)
        1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

Spent maybe 2.5 hrs claying my car on Saturday. Definitely got some junk out of the paint, although I was glad to see that the car didn't have that much contamination since I have only had it for a yea and it has been under a cover for the winter months.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

Stupid question from someone who has never used it before?

Whats the best technique to use a clay bar and what are you supposed to do with it? How are you supposed to use it? Any recommended brands?

Thanks
            - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

The easiest way is to get a kit. I have seen mothers & meguires out there, I use meguires, but I'm sure mothers is just as good.

The kits come w/ a spray bottle of lubricant (usually some stuff your supposed to use between waxing)

Spray that on for lube, spray some onto the clay bar, and then wipe the bar over the paint. It will pick up things like tar, caked in goo, rust spots, and other contamination. If you can't see any contamination on your car, wipe your hand over it, if its not smooth as glass, you should clay bar it as it will get it smooth [img]smile.gif[/img]

If something doesn't come out on the first wipe, keep trying. I buffed a rust spot (was scared that it was metal rusting) with the clay bar for a good 10 minutes until it was completely gone.

I clay bar the front and rear of the car often as they get dirty quick (great for getting bugs off the front).

When the clay bar gets dirty, fold over the dirty area & use a clean. My bar looks pretty dingy but it still performs very well.

Later
              2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Another usage tip, do not use pressure! The clay works best if you lightly hold it on the paint and move it back and forth. No need to press. I have found that short back and forth motions work best. Same concept as when using a buffer; the repeated motion, not the pressure, is the best way to remove the polish. The same applies to removing contaminents with clay. Just do a small area at a time. I use a mix of car wash and water as a lub. Keep the surface wet so the clay will slide easily.

I use the Mother's bar even though I am a Zaino user. I have never used the Zaino bar, but have heard reports that it breaks apart much quicker than the Mother's bar. I have also heard that the Meguiar's bar does not last as long. I use a mix of Zaino Z7 and water for a lub. I have used the detailer's before but feel the soap and water works best. I also don't use the included quick detailer's because they are not compatible with the Zaino system. In fact, I have two bottle's of Mothers quick detailer and and cleaner wax wasting away on my shelf. If someone local needs some, it's yours :D

Comment

i just tried my clay bar and didn't have good results maybe im doing somthing wrong after 30 minutes of trying it didn't really make a difference
                  3.4 white 95 firebird<br />K&N air filter <br />dynomax muffler

Comment

BATMAN, this site has a lot of good info: Classic
                    2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X