Will 97+ Camaro taillights be compatable with a 95? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 97+ Camaro taillights be compatable with a 95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 97+ Camaro taillights be compatable with a 95?

I wanna upgrade to the 3 color lights and I was wondering if the 97+ would go on and have no problem or will i need to do sumtin? Thanks
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

I looked into this awhile back... the lenses are a direct fit, but you'll have issues with the wiring harness. The turn signal section of the new tailights won't work properly unless you do some rewiring.
    \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

Bull****, they will fit perfectly. good luck

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Bull****, they will fit perfectly. good luck <hr></blockquote>

Yes, it will "fit perfectly." But it won't work perfectly. Think about it. The entire tailight blinks in a 93 Camaro tailight when the turn signal is engaged. If you merely pull off the stock tailight and match up a 97+ one to all the wires, the whole tailight is STILL gonna blink.

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: RoyalBlaze ]</p>
        \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RoyalBlaze:

Yes, it will "fit perfectly." But it won't work perfectly. Think about it. The entire tailight blinks in a 93 Camaro tailight when the turn signal is engaged. If you merely pull off the stock tailight and match up a 97+ one to all the wires, the whole tailight is STILL gonna blink.

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: RoyalBlaze ]
          <hr></blockquote>

I don't know what the edit was all about but I just wanted to commend you for not going off on that guy.. good job [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X